cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix O8g gtx 1070 - idle 50 celsius

etorphine
Level 7
Hello there, I have a issue with my 1,5 year old gtx 1070 asus. When I start my computer my graphic card reaches 50 celsius in 1 hour ( idle - fans are not working I know that under 60 celsius automaticly fans closing )

The problem is 1 year ago it was under 40 celsius when idle. I cleaned my case, using h100i v2 cpu cooler, 4 fans case, still im getting 50 celsius idle.

Im using dual monitor 1080p both 75Hz. and using latest driver. What can I do ? By the way in RE7 kinda games temps reaching 75 celsius and more.
3 REPLIES 3

etorphine
Level 7
By the way clocks 139/800 mhz always. Somehow, corsair link corsair utility engine and some other programs triggerng it from time to time but i cant close them because i need them.

Menthol
Level 14
You may need to set a manual fan curve in whatever software you use for your Video card, GPU Tweak, MSI After Burner, etc. (easiest solution)
You could remove heatsink from Video card and change TIM but this may remove your warranty if it has a sticker on one of the screws (TIM hardens over time and does not work as well as when new) Tighten the 4 screws on heatsink around GPU die but again this may void warranty because it damages the sticker

Software conflicts are more difficult to diagnose and cure, Corsair just released a new version of Utility Engine that incorporates Link, update all APP's, drivers, and Windows

When updating APP's like Link, etc. uninstall old version and run CCleaner to clean registry then install new version sometimes helps

Menthol wrote:
You may need to set a manual fan curve in whatever software you use for your Video card, GPU Tweak, MSI After Burner, etc. (easiest solution)
You could remove heatsink from Video card and change TIM but this may remove your warranty if it has a sticker on one of the screws (TIM hardens over time and does not work as well as when new) Tighten the 4 screws on heatsink around GPU die but again this may void warranty because it damages the sticker

Software conflicts are more difficult to diagnose and cure, Corsair just released a new version of Utility Engine that incorporates Link, update all APP's, drivers, and Windows

When updating APP's like Link, etc. uninstall old version and run CCleaner to clean registry then install new version sometimes helps

Thanks for the answer. Firstly i dont want to use manual fan curve etc. because as far as i know this card is designed for working without fan curve under 40 celsius.
And i hate fan noise also.

Secondly, I cant remove heatsink and cant change tim because i dont have experience about this. All drivers and bios updated. I will update all other applciations and go back to older driver than i use c cleaner.