Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by PJayZ View Post
    What exactly do you mean? how is it possible??
    Any screenshot of your conversation?
    I was told about this in person by the service center. So I do not have any proof of that. I do have the call recorded with ASUS though but I have to go through all my call recordings to find it.

Anyway I am sending proof of a mail I have sent to them just now. Hopefully this helps. I have blurred of the email address because it looks like its one of the employees email address. I assure you its an official email by ASUS because it ends with '@asus.com'.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Email.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	213.4 KB 
ID:	81817

Hopefully this helps. I am just posting this to help others be on the safe side.

I will keep you guys updated.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
    How strange of them to say that!!

I have had a Samsung 960 Evo running in PCIE3 x 4 mode in my FX553VD for the past year.

Most definitely the laptop supports PCIE M.2 drives.

Says so righ on the Specifications page:
    https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-FX...pecifications/
    Yes the laptop supports PCIe M.2 drives. But then again there are 2 types. PCIe M.2 NVMe and PCIe M.2 SATA.

I know that there are many people that have used PCIE M.2 NVMe drives. I have informed ASUS about this. They have confirmed that PCIe M.2 SATA drives are the only drives supported.

The Samsung 960 EVO is a PCIe M.2 NVMe drive and yes I have heard of many people using it. I'm just letting people know about this because it damaged my motherboard (which was luckily under warranty).

I will keep you guys updated. Please refer to my answer above. It has a screenshot of the mail I have sent to ASUS.

For reference, this is the difference between M.2 PCIe NVMe (Top) drives and M.2 PCIe SATA(Bottom) drives.

Name:	what-are-m2-drives.jpg.optimal.jpg 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	81818

ROG Member Array pillainp PC Specs
    pillainp PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus FX553VD w 960 Evo 250GB + Samsung 860 Evo 2TB + 16GB DDR42400
    MotherboardAsus Maximus X Code
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 8700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-4000C18D-16GTZR 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Zotac GTX 1660 Ti AMP! 6GB GDDR6
    MonitorDell UP2716D 27"
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo 250GB M.2 PCIe NVMe
    Storage #2Samsung 840 Pro 256GB; 3x WD Black 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i + Corsair AF140 Red x 2
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 450D
    Power SupplyCoolermaster Vanguard V1000
    Keyboard Logitech G213
    Mouse Logitech G102 Prodigy
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterTP-Link TD-W8970

Quote Originally Posted by Devenom1 View Post
    Yes the laptop supports PCIe M.2 drives. But then again there are 2 types. PCIe M.2 NVMe and PCIe M.2 SATA.

I know that there are many people that have used PCIE M.2 NVMe drives. I have informed ASUS about this. They have confirmed that PCIe M.2 SATA drives are the only drives supported.

The Samsung 960 EVO is a PCIe M.2 NVMe drive and yes I have heard of many people using it. I'm just letting people know about this because it damaged my motherboard (which was luckily under warranty).

I will keep you guys updated. Please refer to my answer above. It has a screenshot of the mail I have sent to ASUS.

For reference, this is the difference between M.2 PCIe NVMe (Top) drives and M.2 PCIe SATA(Bottom) drives.

Name:	what-are-m2-drives.jpg.optimal.jpg 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	81818
    I do have the PCIe M.2 960 Evo, and it has been working perfectly since I installed it nearly one year ago.

In fact, I just bought an 860 Evo SATA 2TB SSD to keep it company after my Seagate FireCuda 2TB (upgraded by me from Stock Hitachi 1TB) died after a minor impact.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2