Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does an RMA normally take?

direkafka
Level 7
7 REPLIES 7

xeromist
As you have discovered it can vary greatly. If you are nearby a service center and they have parts in stock it might take less than a week. In your case it sounds like they do not have a needed part so it will take much longer. Your RMA is already not normal so "normal" time frames are already beyond relevance.

I would just keep contacting the service center if you do not hear from them. Let them know you need it for work and anything they can do to speed up the process would be appreciated.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

JustinThyme
Level 13
RMAs do vary greatlly. Highly dependent on your proximity to a service center, their workload and parts availability. Ive seen things turn around in a week and Ive seen it take 6-8 weeks.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Vlada011
Level 10
We can say that normal RMA time is 15-20 days if you are in same country.
Everything below 15 days is very cool.
Excellent is when manufacturer discover problem as soon as possible to send information in store to replace you.
But if you RMA in other country could be 20-25-30 days.

EVGA do RMA very fast, and couldn't better than 20-22 days from Balkan to Germany.
20 days is only 12-15 working days.

Rob_W_
Level 12
I had to rma a board in France a couple of years ago took just over two weeks.

direkafka
Level 7
OK, I totally forgot to update on this post--sorry about this. So it took about two months. It arrived in a perfect condition and works quite well so far. I still have no idea why it broke down at the first place, and no one provided me with any sort of explanation, which I personally think the most frustrating.

xeromist
Typically your RMA paperwork will include a basic description of what work was done, such as replacing a component. That doesn't always tell you why that component broke but at least it would give a general idea.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Typically your RMA paperwork will include a basic description of what work was done, such as replacing a component. That doesn't always tell you why that component broke but at least it would give a general idea.

Mine just came back. About 5 business days for actual repairs and shipping, factor in 1-2 weeks depending on your location.

Had to RMAs with that amount of time. Of course it also depends on your product and parts availability.