cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Far Cry 5 Performance

Nate152
Hey everyone, just wondering how Far Cry 5 is performing on your pc's.

1440p
31 REPLIES 31

Nate152
One of the coolest things they did with Far Cry 5 is give us airplanes and helicopters with machine guns and rockets.

For me farcry has been awsome so far. Only issue i ran in to was after latest nvidia driver update the other day. The game would last around 5 to 10 minutes then would freeze and return to desktop. Rolled back the driver and has been fine since.

Craigo1986 wrote:
For me farcry has been awsome so far. Only issue i ran in to was after latest nvidia driver update the other day. The game would last around 5 to 10 minutes then would freeze and return to desktop. Rolled back the driver and has been fine since.

Since updating my driver I'm getting frequent hard system resets. It'll KA-DUNK and then restart the whole PC - not even a hint of a crash. Windows performance monitor says FC is the cause. I've removed all OC and it still does it so I guess I need to regress my driver install to an older version.

Nate152
I'm using Nvidia driver 391.35 with no issues and according to the benchmark there is a nice gain in performance.

I agree the game is great and I'm having alot of fun with it.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?101040-Nvidia-Driver-391-35-WHQL

Not a bad effort i suppose for my little 1080ti lol

Nate152
That's good, you scored better than me ! 🙂

Try 391.35 for a while and see how it goes. I've had a couple crashes because my gpu was overclocked too far, I backed off the overclock a little and all is good.

Nate152
There was an update for far cry 5 today, with that and the spring creators update the benchmark lost 5 Minimum FPS.

Nvidia driver 391.35 seems to be the best so far for far cry 5.

Maximum FPS - 140
Average FPS - 124
Minimum FPS - 106

391.35 with updates

Maximum FPS - 140
Average FPS - 123
Minimum FPS - 101

This is at 2560 x 1440 with the highest settings with AA and motion blur turned off.

Nate152
Hey MarshallR

391.35 shows the best performance for far cry 5, I've been using it without any issues.

I've got a few crashes and was because of my gpu memory overclocked too far.

One thing you could try is right clicking on far cry 5 and verifying the files.