cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can the gx501 get the software that give the optimus to the Zephyrus M (GM501)

thejebronie
Level 7
i just found out today about the new zephyrus gm501 that is coming out in 11 day , it seem to have the same battery as the gx501 but it is able to run on the igpu (optimus) any asus guru out here that can tell me if we are going to be able to install the software on the gx501,

i tought a gsync pannel could not run optimus , it would be nice if they allow us the owner of the gx501 to run optimus aswell
3 REPLIES 3

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
Man, then how they sell the new zephyrus? things never work that way. The previous model such as GX501VI are abandoned to grave.

ROG_HARDCORE wrote:
Man, then how they sell the new zephyrus? things never work that way. The previous model such as GX501VI are abandoned to grave.

But optimus will be supported by the new version of the GX501?

clayton006
Level 7
thejebronie wrote:
i just found out today about the new zephyrus gm501 that is coming out in 11 day , it seem to have the same battery as the gx501 but it is able to run on the igpu (optimus) any asus guru out here that can tell me if we are going to be able to install the software on the gx501,

i tought a gsync pannel could not run optimus , it would be nice if they allow us the owner of the gx501 to run optimus aswell

I'm also interested in this. I have heard it is possible on the existing system but there are issues with native resolution not working properly. I'm really hopeful that this would be possible as it would allow me to use the system away from the wall.