cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAMP Q Fan adjustment locks/freezes Bios

Zeroed85
Level 8
I am trying to make Q Fan fan adjustments in the Bios and every time I make a change to the HAMP header the Bios freezes and then all other header changes are lost on reboot. Quite annoying... 😞
11 REPLIES 11

Menthol
Level 14
I don't have that issue on my X Apex, the HAMP header and AIO header are tied together on the Apex, what type of fans are you using, can you set the other headers, reboot then set the HAMP header without interference with the others, which bios version are you on

Zeroed85
Level 8
I'm on the X Hero latest 1101 Bios and I have a Corsair HD140 on the HAMP header. I could try setting the HAMP separately to the other headers after a reboot.

Zeroed85
Level 8
I'm going to try and set my fans up using the advanced Bios fan control options which should override Q fan set curves.

Zeroed85 wrote:
I'm going to try and set my fans up using the advanced Bios fan control options which should override Q fan set curves.

I have this problem as well but it is after 4-5 adjustments in Q Control. BIOS just freezes. I'm learned to work around it but it is very annoying.

stainlineho wrote:
I have this problem as well but it is after 4-5 adjustments in Q Control. BIOS just freezes. I'm learned to work around it but it is very annoying.

I would suggest setting up your fans through the advanced fan control in the Monitor section of the Bios (pic below). Adjustments to the HAMP header in there don't lock the Bios.

Regardless, the Bios freeze with the HAMP header in Qfan will need to be investigated by Asus...

Zeroed85 wrote:
I would suggest setting up your fans through the advanced fan control in the Monitor section of the Bios (pic below). Adjustments to the HAMP header in there don't lock the Bios.

Regardless, the Bios freeze with the HAMP header in Qfan will need to be investigated by Asus...

I've got an X Hero here, so will try to replicate. If you can, lay out a post with steps for replication. Go into as much detail as you can.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
I've got an X Hero here, so will try to replicate. If you can, lay out a post with steps for replication. Go into as much detail as you can.

Started by uninstalling AI Suite. Then in the Bios Monitor\Q-Fan Configuration\Chassis Fan(s) Configuration the HAMP header was set to Manual. Then I went to QFan control (F6), edited Cha 1, 2 and 3 on the graph and then on HAMP when making an edit is when the Bios would lock/freeze. Hope that helps.

Zeroed85 wrote:
Started by uninstalling AI Suite. Then in the Bios Monitor\Q-Fan Configuration\Chassis Fan(s) Configuration the HAMP header was set to Manual. Then I went to QFan control (F6), edited Cha 1, 2 and 3 on the graph and then on HAMP when making an edit is when the Bios would lock/freeze. Hope that helps.

Does it occur 100% of the time, even following a CMOS clear? And does it occur even if you don't follow the same order?

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Does it occur 100% of the time, even following a CMOS clear? And does it occur even if you don't follow the same order?

I'll have time to test this evening and report back.