cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Intel RST Drivers event id 129 iastora

SGMRock
Level 9
So a few months ago I ran into an issue on my Apex board with this event id 129 issue with iastora driver resetting over and over in Windows even logs. I could never get this resolved reinstalling the drivers. I'm using AHCI mode nothing in RAID. The only way I could resolve this was to change my AHCI drivers to the default Windows Standard SATA AHCI Controller.

Since I had that problem Intel came out with newer RST drivers so I tried them again today to see if I still had the same issue. It came right back after installing the latest RST drivers. I had to reboot to safe mode and switch them back to the Windows Standard SATA AHCI Controller ones again.

System runs perfectly fine with the Windows one but had major freezes and constant 129 events with the Intel ones. The used to work fine when I first built this machine. Question I have asked myself before going through all the work a fresh Windows install, is if this is just weird corruption in the Windows build that probably wont be fixed without a fresh full reload or is it a hardware issue on the controller? I've been leaning toward Windows issue because it works fine with Windows driver, but maybe the Intel drivers access some hardware call outs the Windows ones don't and that is what is broken, don't know.

Thoughts from any other techies on this would be appreciated.
Asus ROG Rampage VI Apex 2002 BIOS / Intel i9-7900X / G.Skill TridentZ RBG F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 17-17-17-37
LG 38" 38GL950G-B Ultrawide / EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid/ Sound Blaster AE-5
Corsair H115i Pro CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2 / Corsair Arctic White T780 Case
1 REPLY 1

SGMRock
Level 9
53 views and no insight, I guess no one else has ran into this issue. Good thing for you guys as it kills performance. I guess maybe I can just do full backup of my boot drive and then do a fresh load of Windows with the Intel drivers and see if that fixes it. If not maybe something hardware related, though seems weird it would be that since it works fine with Standard Windows driver.....

Does anyone know what AHCI driver from Intel the Apex board should be using? RST install seems to install Intel 300 Series. Just want to confirm thats the right one of if its maybe installing the wrong version.
Asus ROG Rampage VI Apex 2002 BIOS / Intel i9-7900X / G.Skill TridentZ RBG F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 17-17-17-37
LG 38" 38GL950G-B Ultrawide / EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid/ Sound Blaster AE-5
Corsair H115i Pro CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2 / Corsair Arctic White T780 Case