cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i want to set the z370 hero maximus to a steady 4.8ghz~4.9 possably 5.0

AlwaysWinter
Level 7
i dont want to go crazy on the vcore and for the most part would like some easy tuning. i have a scyth fuma air cooler soon to be a H110 corsiar water. but was wondering what exactly does offset and adaptive mode do when setting the vcore?

also what modifiers effect adaptive does or a breakdown what exactly scenarious is it used for

2. what would be the best setting to set a steady 1.29vcore
Asus Hero Maximus Z370, intel 8700k Corsair c16-18-18-36 vengence 3200mhz 750evga PSU rx580gpu
4 REPLIES 4

Chino
Level 15
Expriment and test until you find an acceptable Vcore for the frequency you want while keeping temperatures in check. Start with manual voltage. When you're convinced that your overclock is stable for everyday use, switch over to Adaptive voltage.

only thing that cioncerns me with manual voltage is that when i go to check in hwmonitor or cpuz i see it higher then i set it and according to hwmonitor it can go much higher then i set the vcore what else needs to change as it varries on manual
Asus Hero Maximus Z370, intel 8700k Corsair c16-18-18-36 vengence 3200mhz 750evga PSU rx580gpu

AlwaysWinter wrote:
only thing that cioncerns me with manual voltage is that when i go to check in hwmonitor or cpuz i see it higher then i set it and according to hwmonitor it can go much higher then i set the vcore what else needs to change as it varries on manual

It's fine to go straight to adaptive voltage on these platforms. Setting manual prior to switching to power saving modes was really only when offset was problematic for some users on older platforms. Set the desired vcore into the additional turbo voltage box.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

AlwaysWinter
Level 7
ok, and loadline calibration through my experimentation the higher the settings the less vcore i get odd. had to switch to lvl 5 to keep my vcore at 1.23 rather than 1.312 for a low x48 overclock.

anyways my main question really is is it safe long term to use more then 1.35 for dram