Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Guys I need your advice again.
    Could you suggest me a working(no problems at all) 64GB kit or 128GB kit that you use with no problems?
    I won't OC or anything but I want 24/7 stability.

I don't want to buy so much RAM with these prices and have problems!

ROG Member Array paulmarc PC Specs
    paulmarc PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS X399 Zenith Extreme
    ProcessorAMD ThreadRipper 1950X
    Memory (part number)128GB DDR4
    Graphics Card #1nVidia GTX 1080 Ti
    Graphics Card #2nVidia GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorLG 24" Gaming Monitor
    Storage #12x M.2 NVMe 480GB
    Storage #22x 4TB HDD
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseCougar Panzer Max
    Power SupplyCougar 1050W Gold
    Keyboard Cougar 700K
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Headset Logitech G930
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    OS Linux

So far, the system's been behaving nicely, and with "regular" load.
    Granted, its exhaust is quite warm, but running 2x GPU's with 6x HDD's and 3x M.2 drives is bound to generate a little "heat".

Temperatures are well within boundaries, and I feel it's gonna be able to easily stay up and running for a long time.

I will increase the workload gradually this week, and will keep at it for at least a month.

Hope you will join the club in owning this wonderful board.

Note that my running Linux might be "helping" in stabilizing the system...

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn7 View Post
    Also when installing windows DO NOT install AI Suite.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulmarc View Post
    What's wrong with it?
    Haven't installed it yet, but now you're warning us...
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturn7 View Post
    ASUS AI Enables HPET and that really screws up windows.
    You will get stuttering in games and generally slow the system down by 5 to 10%.
    IIRC a version of Ai Suite was released that doesn't enable HPET. But as it is something I don't use I can't say it is problematic or not with that version.

@erefer

I'd say I've had a smooth ride with ZE. I've had the board since launch. I used originally F4-3200C14D-16GTZ (2x8GB), I reached ~3333MHz stable at the time with tweaking. Later changed to F4-3200C14Q-32GVK (4x8GB), as UEFI had progressed higher than 3200MHz seemed easier to attain. Max reached was 3466MHz. Perhaps I had got more used to using board, dunno. Both ram kits IIRC are not on QVL, but as they are single sided/rank Samsung B die, which Ryzen/Threadripper favours I've had a good experience with them.

I use WC and this board has been great to allow water loop temp as source for fans/pump. Only CPU_FAN, CPU_OPT and W_PUMP+ header do not allow a differing temperature source. All of the other headers and add on board allows differing source as well as multiple sources. I have experienced the corruption of PWM on this board, but only 3-4 times in many months and hours of usage. Some of these occasions I forced the issue by using multiple apps to access monitoring. As long as I do not do that all is well. My rig can be up continuously for 24hrs+ under heavy load. Another tip is if a situation of multiple apps for monitoring occurs I do a repost, this always mean I will not encounter the PWM corruption.

I use RGB set to static red, I then uninstalled AURA. I believe as it has a profile for RGB based on temperature it will access SuperIO chip. So if you run AURA and say another app that accesses SuperIO chip (ie monitoring tool) you could have PWM issues.

Onboard WiFi has been great. Board even after having had for many months makes me go WOW every time I look at it. I had originally a GTX 1080 and then changed to RX VEGA64, no noted issues. I have 2 SATA SSDs and 2 SATA HDDs connected as well, soon adding a NVMe. I use 4 of the rear IO USBs and have case twin 3.0 and twin 2.0 USB connected to mobo. These get used again without issue.

I throw things like P95, Y-Cruncher, RealBench, HCI Memtest, f@h and Bionic at rig for lengthy runs when change UEFI/settings and been sound. All in all a solid board for me.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

ROG Junior Member Array tstager PC Specs
    tstager PC Specs
    MotherboardZenith Extreme
    ProcessorThreadripper 1950x
    Memory (part number)32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Vega 64 - Alphacool GPX-A waterblock
    MonitorSamsung CHG70
    Storage #1Samsung 960 pro 512
    Storage #2Samsung 970 pro 512
    CPU CoolerAquacomputer Cuplex Kryos Next Vision
    CaseThermaltake Tower 900
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard Microsoft Surface keyboard with fingerprint reader
    Mouse Microsoft Surface Precision Bluetooth
    Headset Samsung Odyssey HMD
    OS Windows 10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterAsus 1900AC

I've used this board since Oct 2017 and It hasn't given me any issues. It has worked perfect since the first time that I fired it up. It runs 24/7. I wouldn't go with anything else.

ROG Member Array paulmarc PC Specs
    paulmarc PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS X399 Zenith Extreme
    ProcessorAMD ThreadRipper 1950X
    Memory (part number)128GB DDR4
    Graphics Card #1nVidia GTX 1080 Ti
    Graphics Card #2nVidia GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorLG 24" Gaming Monitor
    Storage #12x M.2 NVMe 480GB
    Storage #22x 4TB HDD
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseCougar Panzer Max
    Power SupplyCougar 1050W Gold
    Keyboard Cougar 700K
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Headset Logitech G930
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    OS Linux

Post Kingston Hyper-X

Quote Originally Posted by erefer View Post
    Guys I need your advice again.
    Could you suggest me a working(no problems at all) 64GB kit or 128GB kit that you use with no problems?
    I won't OC or anything but I want 24/7 stability.
    I'm using the Hyper-X FURY (comes in 64GB kit: 4x 16GB), with no issues whatsoever.

AS185
    Much has been said already here in term's of functionality of this board. I agree, it's an awesome board, it's lighting fast with a 1950X and stacked up with all ram modules. I possess 64GB Goodram (2x8GB kits, for a total of 4), running under 2666mhz. I did have problem's in the beginning, mainly installing Windows 10 Home but that's because I thought you can overclock the ram frequency without the cpu (so the service agent @ the retail store said in Warsaw). That wasn't true but here I was thinking that nowadays, maybe it's possible. Anyhow, I switched to the ram frequency back to default values and everything is running fine up on till this day
    You shouldn't worry in term's of ram as long as you stay under JEDEC standard's. I don't think my ram manufacturer is even listed under memory QVL. You can load all module's up to 128GB, but yeah, I guess it's expensive everywhere
    I hope that everyone's input enlighten's your decision on buying this motherboard.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3