cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z370 F XMP issue

balagamer
Level 7
All,

Posting here after almost reading every possible posts in this regard. Specs are

Z370 F Gaming - bios 0612
core i5 8400
corasair 2 X 8gb -Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK8GX4M1A2666C16

Ram has XMP profile of 2666 Mhz, earlier i had the ram installed in wrong slots and after changing it i was able to use XMP successfully without any issues for few days, but the issue started again today (cold boot) , regardless of whatever i do the system just dosent post if i change my RAM frequency.

1. Enabling XMP results in failure posts in safe mode after few minutes
2. Setting ram speed manually posts in safe mode
3. tried single dimm alone still same
4. ram works perfect with 2133 mhz (without XMP)
5. Stress test on ram didnt return any issues.
Edit:
6. Tried switching back and forth between bios 0606 and 0612 as well 😞

Any help on this regard would be greatful, its driving me nuts 😞
21 REPLIES 21

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Set a manual VCCIO and VCCSA voltage of 1.2v see if the cold boot issues persist.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
Set a manual VCCIO and VCCSA voltage of 1.2v see if the cold boot issues persist.
Just tried ,it's not getting past the yellow led in the mobo , but the odd thing is the xmp profile for 2666 mhz was set before and it was running fine ,even I played some nice games for hours in the past few days . Forget 2666 I can't even set anything above 2133 mhz where the post boot would stuck with yellow led.

The rig is brand new ..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

balagamer01
Level 7
Well , after hours of check with different keywords on Google , I was able to post successfully with just enabling xmp profile .

Turns out there is an option called "mch full check " under "dram timing control" , dunno why on earth its burried under . Once it's disabled the xmp profile works just like that......

Come on Asus!!!!! Don't be ridiculous in menu placements

balagamer01 wrote:
Well , after hours of check with different keywords on Google , I was able to post successfully with just enabling xmp profile .

Turns out there is an option called "mch full check " under "dram timing control" , dunno why on earth its burried under . Once it's disabled the xmp profile works just like that......

Come on Asus!!!!! Don't be ridiculous in menu placements

i have a solution if u scroll up from mch full check find "MAXIMUS TWEAK " TRY MODE 1 OR 2 my ram xmp only like mode 1

if your failing memmory training and turn it off your ram is not stable man .

the only time i turn MCH FULL CHECK OFF is when i over clock my ram and i run mem test 86 for 24 no errors

so i would tell you run mem test 86 over night
run hci mem test 1000 % coverage
run asus real bench 8 hrs

if you unstable ram in windows all the time u might get data lose and all kinda of errors man . hope this helps
Rig # 1 - 14900Ks SP-118 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,600 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | PG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 14900K-SP-120 | 89 MC @ 5.9 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
If the memory was unstable with MCH FC enabled, then disabling this option may not help in the long term. You may find the system will drop a DIMM and you won't notice.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
If the memory was unstable with MCH FC enabled, then disabling this option may not help in the long term. You may find the system will drop a DIMM and you won't notice.
Ran prime95 and aida system stability test targeting ram for few hours , it was fine . Ain't it enough ?

balagamer01 wrote:
Ran prime95 and aida system stability test targeting ram for few hours , it was fine . Ain't it enough ?

No. Your system isn't stable enough to POST memory tests consistently. However, when it gets through POST, it's stable enough to pass Prime. By disabling the "MCH full check" option, you're bypassing the POST tests that find instability.

-Raja

Raja@ASUS wrote:
No. Your system isn't stable enough to POST memory tests consistently. However, when it gets through POST, it's stable enough to pass Prime. By disabling the "MCH full check" option, you're bypassing the POST tests that find instability.

-Raja
Hi Raja , what do you suggest ? The whole rig is not even a month old. But earlier I was able to set 2666mhz xmp profile and it was running perfectly fine .after updating to BIOS 6012 the issues started . Forget 2666mhz, with mch enabled i can't even set anything above 2133 mhz(stock speed).

Even with 5he new bios 6014 I'm unable to use xmp without disabling mch full check . Awaiting your solution , thanks

Praz
Level 13
Hello

As Silent Scone noted above disabling features that test for memory stability is not really a viable solution for memory related issues.