Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    No. Your system isn't stable enough to POST memory tests consistently. However, when it gets through POST, it's stable enough to pass Prime. By disabling the "MCH full check" option, you're bypassing the POST tests that find instability.

-Raja
    Hi Raja , what do you suggest ? The whole rig is not even a month old. But earlier I was able to set 2666mhz xmp profile and it was running perfectly fine .after updating to BIOS 6012 the issues started . Forget 2666mhz, with mch enabled i can't even set anything above 2133 mhz(stock speed).

Even with 5he new bios 6014 I'm unable to use xmp without disabling mch full check . Awaiting your solution , thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Might want to go back to the old UEFI build if that worked beter for you. Alternatively, you can take a stab at tuning the memory timings manually. The latter is quite an involved process, so you may want to go the easier route.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Might want to go back to the old UEFI build if that worked beter for you. Alternatively, you can take a stab at tuning the memory timings manually. The latter is quite an involved process, so you may want to go the easier route.
    I tried flashing older uefi build ,but it's all same. Tried settings the timings manually and it was unsuccessful,will try one more time . Any suggestions on voltages apart from ram voltage ?

New ROGer Array

@raja

Im able to boot with mch full check enabled @ 2800mhz, one thing i changed is the training profile ,inset it to standard profile and I was able to post normally , is the standard profile advisable?

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by balagamer01 View Post
    I tried flashing older uefi build ,but it's all same. Tried settings the timings manually and it was unsuccessful,will try one more time . Any suggestions on voltages apart from ram voltage ?

For tuning the memory timings, you'd need to try more than tRCD, CAS, tRP, and tRAS...there are a lot more timings.

For SA and IO voltages, you can look at what it's applying on Auto, and then work from there. Stay under 1.35V for both. These voltages are sensitive, so applying too much will cause instability (some CPUs don't like 1.35V). I'd adjust in small steps. You can try higher than what the board is applying on Auto, and also try lower.

-Raja

New ROGer Array

similar issue

i have bought t-force xcalibur 4000mhz ram put it in a new build z370f i7 8700k gtx1080 now it refuses to run a game when xmp is enabled loads in fine etc but it freezes and crashes afterwards if i take xmp off it runs fine please help i spent 400 bucks on ram hahah

ROG Member Array

the bios version 1412 released few days back has fixed the issue now i can pass boot with xmp(even higher clocks) without any hassle, pretty unbelievable its a problem with asus side and it took them around 5 months to fix it.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chevell65 PC Specs
    chevell65 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z370-H, ROG Maximus VII Z97
    ProcessorIntel 4790K 4.6GHz, Intel i5 8400, Intel e8600 Wolfdale, Intel Q9650 Yorkfield, Intel E6750 Conroe
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill PC3600
    Graphics Card #1GTX 660 OC
    MonitorAsus 23"
    CaseCorsair clear case
    Power SupplyThermaltake
    Keyboard Logitech G15
    Mouse Logitech G9
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterDLink DIR-655, Asus AC88

Quote Originally Posted by balagamer View Post
    the bios version 1412 released few days back has fixed the issue now i can pass boot with xmp(even higher clocks) without any hassle, pretty unbelievable its a problem with asus side and it took them around 5 months to fix it.
    Strange problem indeed. My Z370-H board has no issues with XMP 3600Mhz no matter which bios version I'm using.

At least Asus seems to be addressing these issues with updated bios.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Cmon guys.....It's either XMP or not! There is nothing wrong with his memory (or how ASUS is setting up BIOS settings) . He was just messing around with settings in Bios, and did not know what he was doing. Simple as that. Most of the suggestions are irrelevant to his problem. They are just an example of not knowing what to do.
    "balagamer" must be careful with the bios settings and not blaming ASUS for his error.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by emsir View Post
    Cmon guys.....It's either XMP or not! There is nothing wrong with his memory (or how ASUS is setting up BIOS settings) . He was just messing around with settings in Bios, and did not know what he was doing. Simple as that. Most of the suggestions are irrelevant to his problem. They are just an example of not knowing what to do.
    "balagamer" must be careful with the bios settings and not blaming ASUS for his error.
    Dear emsir, ive been with this pc modding and hw installation for more than a decade!! so there is nothing there for me to mess things in my bios and later come here and complain. Its a genuine problem and it has taken

So before pointing out someone next time do google it and see how many people have faced the same issue

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast