cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aesthetic suggestion for future releases

digitalizeur
Level 9
Hello,

This aesthetic lighted transparent cut plate of the I/O shield that some other manufacturers are doing, that won't even be that visible after all, but which some of those little things hidden and when you realize that it's here after you've mounted your pc could guarantee you an additional satisfaction.
I don't know if this is even patended, also, this should be rgb in the future.

I also wonder, to build an entire asus and corsair build one day, I'm not sure of doing it with full asus components since there's no cases to match with asus monitors.
Now I was only capable of affording a single gtx1060 after some couple of years.

What do you think?
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
I don't think edge-lit acrylic is patented under any circumstances but it's probably a bit expensive to include in every box when stamping a standard I/O plate is so cheap.

I think it would be nice if manufacturers published CAD files for the I/O plates so that customers could send it to a CNC/lasercutter and have one made if they wanted.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

davemon50
Level 11
Personally I think this would be a waste for any incremental cost of the board. After all, how many setups are mounted with all the wiring facing you? (short of troubleshooting workbenches, of course). It'd be better to mount something on the wall behind the computer, since all you'll see is a wall-glow anyway. Just my 2 cents though, could be shortsighted.
Davemon50

haihane
Level 13
i'm not interested in blingy io shield. 😕
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

Korth
Level 14
I'd only be interested if the transparency was an optional overlay. Which I can't see being practical because of the tight tolerances. These plastics are brittle, they scratch and scuff and chip easily, they aren't well-suited for long-term use in this kind of part interface. Hardened glass would be better, though costly and heavy and probably susceptible to breaking during installation by many gamers.

If ROG wants to make this sort of thing then great. But I'll be buying the non-plastic version.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Well... We live in an era of rgb lightings, strips, fans, graphic cards, periferals etc... And where people mount their graphic cards vertically.