cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus x hero boots straight into bios

grimsin
Level 7
Hey everyone, bought a Asus Maximus x hero and a 8700k and when I turn on my computer it's boots straight to bios, if I push f10 and ok then it boots to windows no problem... But every time I shutdown the computer I go threw this wierd issue
23 REPLIES 23

davemon50
Level 11
If you are using an M.2 SSD make sure your first item in the boot sequence is the Windows Boot Manager.
Davemon50

No just a sata ssd, it's in first priority

grimsin wrote:
No just a sata ssd, it's in first priority

If UEFI then your first entry should not be the disk. It should be the UEFI Windows Boot Manager. UEFI doesn't depend on the disk boot sector to load Windows. So if the UEFI Boot Manager is available to you as an option, select it as boot priority #1. It might not be an available option to you on the SATA SSD.
Davemon50

Fixed, reinstalled windows 10 using rofus and selected the option "gpt partition scheme for uefi"

Thx for all the help guys 🙂

davemon50 wrote:
If UEFI then your first entry should not be the disk. It should be the UEFI Windows Boot Manager. UEFI doesn't depend on the disk boot sector to load Windows. So if the UEFI Boot Manager is available to you as an option, select it as boot priority #1. It might not be an available option to you on the SATA SSD.

It's wasn't showing this, so I formatted and reinstalled and now it shows uefi windows boot manager, and all is fixed thanks!

davemon50 wrote:

well its not available to me on a M.2 drive either

Why would that be ? Have a feeling some setting in the BIOS need to be changed. Does having UEFI and Legacy selected mean it treats the M.2 as legacy ?

Maybe a new topic for this would be good
will

will_s
Level 7
well do a F5 to set everything back to default

I had to do that after my one played up as well
will

will_s wrote:
well do a F5 to set everything back to default

I had to do that after my one played up as well

Just tried your suggestio, still doing it.

will_s
Level 7
all I can say is that this motherboard acts like the cheapest Asus motherboard and is not reliable. Do you have another PSU ? Would also run memtest to check your memory

I would contact the vendor and request a RMA

btw: have you flashed the BIOS to the latest?
will