cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderators or any one please explain?

-javier-
Level 7
can someone explain this on my motherboard i am using the software that monitor voltage called RCtweakIT (monitors voltage/temps from another pc) i put my cpu voltage at 1.45v but i notice that it never reaches 1.45v while running prime
it say i have it at 1.40v to 1.425v on rctweakit and it goes u p and down but never reaches 1.45v which is what i have it set on my bios.

how can i make it reach to 1.45v? ...is that the actual voltage that my cpu is getting what shows on rctweakit? does this mean i need to up the voltage on my cpu to make it reach 1.45v on rctweakit?

also at that voltage my cores temps were in the 50s Celsius
5 REPLIES 5

UserX
Level 9
It is called vDroop and it can be adjusted under DIGI+ CPU load-Line calibration. As the CPU workload increases the voltage will droop. Raising the CPU load-Line calibration will minimize the droop.

http://www.thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=126
CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K
MEM: 96GB DDR5 6600MHz Corsair Dominator Titanium
MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero
GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX4090
STORAGE: 2X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO RAID0
OS DRIVE: 1X 2TB Samsung 990PRO
SCRATCH DRIVE: 1X 2TB Samsung 980Pro
PSU: 1500W Corsair HX1500i
COOLING: Custom Hardline 3 RAD Loop with 15 Corsair QL and 3X Corsair Commander XTs
WATERBLOCKS: GPU: Alphacool Custom Block | CPU: EK-Quantum Velocity² D-RGB

8_Pack
Level 12
You will need HIgh LLC to stop the droop and reach 1.45 however LLC increases current too which adds more heat to the CPYU and to the VRM area. You need to avtively cool the VRM with a fan for these voltages with High LLC.

HiVizMan
Level 40
VDroop is a built in design feature that is there to better manage your CPU under load. Most if not all motherboard manufactures including Intel have some kind of LLC settings available to the end user. I personally like to use the offset voltage over-clocking method for my 24/7 overclock and have not found that any LLC is needed. But that is a personal choice.

8 Pack has provided very good advice here about the active cooling of the VRM area.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Everybody talks about cooling the VRM's on the topside of the motherboard but NEVER the backside if the motherboard.
Even a frikken Waterblock does not help the backside VRM's. Maybe hole saw the motherboard tray and install of 80mm fan to blow some air on the backside VRM's heat sink? Or better yet hole saw the motherboard tray in the center and install a 120mm low profile fan to cool the entire backside of the motherboard including the backside VRM's heat sink?
"In a world of compromise, some don't."

HiVizMan
Level 40
There actually was quite a bit of discussion a few years ago about underside cooling for components. And if I recall correctly a couple of benching stations were made that had a space for two 120mm fans under the tray and stand-offs. But the whole thing died out because of the shift to LN2 by most benchers and when you are cooling sub-zero the VRM area over heating becomes less of a concern.

Personally I think it is quite a good idea especially for those who are water cooling. At least with a air cooler you are getting some air flow over the components.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.