ROG Member Array

How to Aura sync LED strips with individual LED colours

Hi guys

I'm new to Aura sync and all that jazz. I have two RGB strips hooked up to the RGB headers. Nothing in the RGB addressable header. I have seen some people configure their RGB strips to do a rainbow effect which gives each individual LED a designated color which then slowly transition across to the next LED. I have no idea which setting does this or even if it is possible with the current settings. Perhaps it is not doable with the strips I have? The rainbow setting seems to do a transition for the entire strip. Is it possible the cables from the motherboard (Maximus Hero X) are slightly different to the Strip cables that come with it?

Do I need to plug them in to the addressable RGB headers instead?

I'm using BitFenix Alchemy 2.0 RGB LED Magnetic Strip

This link here at 52 minutes and 49s shows what I'm talking about.

https://youtu.be/-cN547iWgjo?t=53m49s

Thanks.
    Last edited by Tuff253; 04-09-2018 at 05:49 AM.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array davemon50 PC Specs
    davemon50 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY-DH72 (17") and Asus G752VT-DH74 (17")
    MotherboardAsus ROG LGA2011-v3 Rampage V Edition 10, x99 EATX
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6950X Extreme 10-core 25MB Cache 3.0 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX Red DDR4 DRAM 64GB-4x16 3333 (CMK64GX4M4B3333C16R)
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Graphics Card #2Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Sound CardAsus SupremeFX Hi-Fi Audio DAC
    Monitor(2) Dell UltraSharp U2515H 25-inch monitors
    Storage #1(3) SSD's - Samsung 960 1TB M.2, Intel 535 480G, Intel 510 250G
    Storage #2(3) HDD's - Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5-in SATA III 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H80
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 650D Black, ATX, Mid Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair Digital AXi-Series AX1200i (1200W) 80+ Platinum Rating
    Keyboard Logitech Wireless K360
    Mouse Logitech Wireless MX Anywhere 2
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Each LED strip plugged into a motherboard header is considered another one of the motherboard's lighting zones, for example the PCH, PCIe, I/O, and the LED strip, however many zones are available on your particular board. The LED strip can be a single color of strip that you bought, or in the case of RGB strips (which you have) then the color can be any custom color that can be generated by the combination of red/green/blue, i.e. thousands of unique colors. But in that case it is still going to be a single color, and that color as you defined it is assigned to the RGB strip. You can change it, but it is a single color. The Aura effects for color cycles and/or rainbow then cycle or rainbow through the motherboard zones, not throughout the strip itself (the strip is still one of those color zones).

Now where you have addressable strips then they have the ability to have each LED be controlled independently on the strip itself. That's how you get the effect on the strip. For you, your strips are not capable. You need to buy the Bitfenix Alchemy 3.0 strips, which are addressable, and plug them into your motherboard header for addressable LED's.

You might benefit from reading THIS THREAD and also the linked videos in that thread.
    Last edited by davemon50; 04-09-2018 at 07:17 PM.
    Davemon50