Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kekkokk View Post
    Hi guys,
    just bought my Claymore core and it's awesome.
    I mean, the hardware is great but I found lots of "stupid" issues in the software.
    I'll describe in order of importance (to me), hoping you can fix these issue to make this beautiful keyboard the definitive one.
    Also for your future products will make sense implements at least all your competitors features.

1) with 2.04.09 it keeps rollbacking to the older 1.06 firmware and the re-upgrade to 1.09.1 (maybe some conflicts with other software). It's not continuosly happening but one/twice per day. I'll dig more into issue in these days and see if it keeps doing it.

2) The Armoury software is good but not great for the priciest piece of keyboard: I'll try to suggest some simple implementation that could be done to make the user experience a way better in my opinion:

- You can assign a linked software to a profile, so when you start the game for example it automatically switch. (it works perfectly BUT, when I close the game I wasn't able in no way to revert back to my "main" profile. why?? it seems a basic feature that logitech implemented since in setpoint (2008).
    I also tried to link my "default" profile to explorer.exe but no way, I have to manually switch....

- You can't assign 2 ore more effect to the same key. I mean: take for example the effect reactive: when I touch a key It switch from black to whatever color you assign. but it's useless in the night since there's no way to set the "from" color and the "to" color. for example it would be great if all keys were soft white and then when i click, it reacts changing color.
    Same way in the custom option: I can add effects but they don't works as a "layer". I can only assign an effect to a key. For example I cannot make a key switch from one color to another when pressed. It's a very basic feature that all the other competitor software implements since the debut (look at corsair CUE).
    It would be nice to treat the effects as various layers.

- You can't use the key assignment to switch profile. It's annoying, we should set any key to be able to switch profile. for example, when I play csgo, and click "Y" the text chat appears. My in-game light layout had only wasd illuminated and few other keys, the other are turned off. but when I click Y i'd like to have all my keys switch to white so I can see what I'm typing in the dark.

- Via software we are stuck at 5 profile. why? I mean, I know that the maximum hardware profiles can be 5 (maybe for memory limitations), but why via armoury I can't have more profile? I looked into AURA SDK and seems clear that you can take the control of the keyboard setting it to sw mode. than it's the software that commands the keyboard, no matter how many profiles the software can handle...

I seriously hope you can correct these annoying things not only for me but also for you.
    I'm not a big gamer, I play casually in the night but I found these "basic" lacks. Since it's a 230€ (in Italy) keyboard I'm feeling very frustrated to see my friends with cheapest corsair doing tons of stuff more than me.
    I'm planning to return mine if nobody cares but I'd really love to not to. I mean, it's AWESOME, great switches and sick design.
    It just need some "little" tweak at the software.
    Please, let me know what do you think.

Have a nice day,
    Francesco.
    How were you able to verify that the firmware is reverting back and forth between old and new versions of the firmware? Do you run Live Update several times a day and find the update is always different? Note that Armoury needs to be reinstalled whenever a new driver is installed.

I will provide your feedback to the team.
    - Reverting to previous profile and lighting effect layers are already being discussed, I'll keep everyone updated if anything changes.
    - You can switch between profiles quickly by pressing FN+[Number corresponding to the profile], e.g. FN+3 = Profile 3.

ROG Member Array kekkokk PC Specs
    kekkokk PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Macbook Pro 2011 & 2012
    MotherboardAsus Strix Z270E
    ProcessorIntel 7700k @ 5ghz
    Memory (part number)Gskill Trident Z 3200 16gb
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 1070 OC
    MonitorBenq Zowie xl2411
    Storage #1Samsung nVME 960 evo
    Storage #22 x Crucial mx 300 500 gb (raid 0)
    CPU CoolerNzxt kraken x62
    CaseEnthoo Phanteks evolv ATX Tempered glass
    Power SupplyCorsair Rmi 750
    Keyboard Asus Claymore Core
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset Logitech g930
    Mouse Pad Hp Omen
    Headset/Speakers KRK Rokit 6

We need layersssssss

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    How were you able to verify that the firmware is reverting back and forth between old and new versions of the firmware? Do you run Live Update several times a day and find the update is always different? Note that Armoury needs to be reinstalled whenever a new driver is installed.

I will provide your feedback to the team.
    - Reverting to previous profile and lighting effect layers are already being discussed, I'll keep everyone updated if anything changes.
    - You can switch between profiles quickly by pressing FN+[Number corresponding to the profile], e.g. FN+3 = Profile 3.
    Simply the keyboard suddently turn off. so I go into Armoury and it says version 1.06
    Then after few minutes turn off again and inspecting is 1.09.01
    Resolved simply turning off automatic firmware update.

This is the major concern for me, as I said, the other software does this thing since years. PLEASE, keep us updated!

Yeah I know but this is very annoying to do in game. I cannot see the problem to assign a profile instead of a macro in the software. Would be nice

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array F0x135 PC Specs
    F0x135 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z370-F
    Processor8700K
    Memory (part number)F4-2400C15Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Strix 1080Ti
    Graphics Card #2Strix 1080Ti
    MonitorAgon AG352UCG
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo NVME 500GB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Evo 500GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster ML240R aRGB
    CaseFractal Meshify C
    Power SupplyInWin C900 Platinum
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse Logitech MX Master

So after a week with the new firmware updates of the CLaymore, i've now come across the 'it wiped my profiles!' scenario.

Any ideas why it does this?

The only thing i can think of that's changed is that i constantly remove the tenkeys, but replugging it back it doesn't bring back the lost profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by kekkokk View Post
    Simply the keyboard suddently turn off. so I go into Armoury and it says version 1.06
    Then after few minutes turn off again and inspecting is 1.09.01
    Resolved simply turning off automatic firmware update.

This is the major concern for me, as I said, the other software does this thing since years. PLEASE, keep us updated!

Yeah I know but this is very annoying to do in game. I cannot see the problem to assign a profile instead of a macro in the software. Would be nice
    I don't see how it's possible for the keyboard to revert to an old firmware and then back again by itself, Live Update only checks for updates during startup, nothing more. We will check if there's an issue with the version displayed. I will private message you the latest Claymore firmware to make sure your Core (80%) and Bond (20%) are updated properly. Check your inbox.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Claymore Latest SW and FW - April 2018.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	73325

Quote Originally Posted by F0x135 View Post
    So after a week with the new firmware updates of the CLaymore, i've now come across the 'it wiped my profiles!' scenario.

Any ideas why it does this?

The only thing i can think of that's changed is that i constantly remove the tenkeys, but replugging it back it doesn't bring back the lost profiles.
    Thanks for reporting it. I have tried removing and reconnecting the 20% on each side and so far the profiles remain, we will do further testing. If you have any other ideas about what causes the loss of your profiles, let us know.

Out of curiosity, under what scenario would you need to disconnect the keypad as often as you do?

F0x135 PC Specs
    Processor8700K
    MonitorAgon AG352UCG
    CaseFractal Meshify C
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse Logitech MX Master

Thanks for reporting it. I have tried removing and reconnecting the 20% on each side and so far the profiles remain, we will do further testing. If you have any other ideas about what causes the loss of your profiles, let us know.

Out of curiosity, under what scenario would you need to disconnect the keypad as often as you do?
    I can't say if removing the tenkeys is what's caused it - but it's the only change i've made since the update.

I remove the tenkeys when i don't need it - i do some VFX Compositing and Editing in Avid at home, i plug the Tenkeys in then as i map my keys. But for gaming that has no use for it, or web browsing / low CPU usage etc, i tend to remove the Tenkeys for the extra real esate on my desk.

Have you lost your profiles more than once? Or did it just happen?
    Which USB port is your Claymore connected to?

ROG Member Array kekkokk PC Specs
    kekkokk PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Macbook Pro 2011 & 2012
    MotherboardAsus Strix Z270E
    ProcessorIntel 7700k @ 5ghz
    Memory (part number)Gskill Trident Z 3200 16gb
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 1070 OC
    MonitorBenq Zowie xl2411
    Storage #1Samsung nVME 960 evo
    Storage #22 x Crucial mx 300 500 gb (raid 0)
    CPU CoolerNzxt kraken x62
    CaseEnthoo Phanteks evolv ATX Tempered glass
    Power SupplyCorsair Rmi 750
    Keyboard Asus Claymore Core
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset Logitech g930
    Mouse Pad Hp Omen
    Headset/Speakers KRK Rokit 6

20% seems the issue

Seems that the reversion to old firmware happens when i disconnect the 20%. I mean, I do not often disconnect it but sometimes when just changing keyboard position it "disconnect" and cause the keyboard to turn off, sometimes it reconnects to software, sometimes it trigger a firmware reversion... but I have not found a clear pattern so I will report when I have a reproducible pattern.
    Thanks for the help.

F0x135 PC Specs
    Processor8700K
    MonitorAgon AG352UCG
    CaseFractal Meshify C
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse Logitech MX Master

Have you lost your profiles more than once? Or did it just happen?
    Which USB port is your Claymore connected to?
    Just happened, noticed it this morning.

Claymore connected to USB2 ports at the rear of the z370-F.

ROG Enthusiast Array 28BeersLater PC Specs
    28BeersLater PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme
    Processori7-5930K
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix Vega 64
    Sound CardBose External USB
    MonitorLG IPS235 x3
    Storage #1Kingston HyperX Predator 480GB
    Storage #2Corsair Neutron XT Series 960GB
    CPU CoolerEK RVE Monoblock
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse ROG Spatha
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AC5300

Further update, armed with the firmware update kindly provided my MasterC for my Spatha, I uninstalled the previous version, (thoroughly, no trace in reg or folder structure) re ran the install for the latest version (UAC off, right click run as admin etc) and as expected, the firmware did not update (as per my earlier screenshot, earlier dock version, "0" mouse version. I then ran the standalone firmware updater (Again, my local admin account, UAC off, right click run as admin), and it reported as running perfectly, but the reported firmware version in Armoury did not update.

Again, Armoury refuses to Sync with the Spatha, and eventually hangs....

Back to 1.02.26.....

Windows 10 x64 Pro 16299.371
    Rampage V Extreme Mobo
    Both dock and mouse are plugged directly into the motherboard USB II ports and the mouse was running a wired connection throughout the process.

It just doesn't seem compatible at this stage.
    Rampage V Extreme | Intel 5930K | 32GB Corsair Dominator 2666 | EVGA GTX 980 SC x3
    Kingston HyperX Predator 480GB | Corsair Neutron XT 960GB | Corsair AX1200
    Corsair 900D | EK RVE Monoblock | EK 980 GTX Blocks & Back Plates

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast