ROG Enthusiast Array

Power4Gear Hybrid...

Does this utility do anything besides defining 2 power plans and having two buttons to choose between them?

I'm trying to set the default power plan to "Balanced" so that normally my laptop doesn't use so much power (when not needed) but P4GH only has 2 options: "High Performance" and "Battery saving". Even when I set the power plan to "Balanced", it gets reset to "High Performance" when I restart the machine - this is getting really annoying.

Is there a way to configure P4GH to not to override the power plan settings? Is this utility even needed on the laptop? It seems to be nothing more than a fancy (useless) interface to select between two items. I haven't uninstalled it yet because I'm not sure if it adds any special drivers to the system that are needed for proper operation.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

You can disable it with ccleaner - Under Tools - Startup - Windows - highlight ASUS Power4Gear - on the right click disable - reboot - reset your power plan.

You can get ccleaner here:
    http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
    G752VY-DH72

ROG Enthusiast Array

I uninstalled this worthless bloated ****e

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks for the replies - I'll probably get rid of this useless bit of junk. It's incredible that Asus managed to make the already pretty awful Windows UI for controlling power settings even less usable. Instead of spending money and time to come with these ridiculous graphical UI-s, Asus should've just created a simple .NET form with a handful of - actually useful - options.

ROG Enthusiast Array

The real power option is Intel XTU. I use it to undervolt the CPU and cache. Doubt it makes much difference, but it does drop CPU heat at max load 1-2C

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicmango View Post
    You can disable it with ccleaner - Under Tools - Startup - Windows - highlight ASUS Power4Gear - on the right click disable - reboot - reset your power plan.

You can get ccleaner here:
    http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
    There is no any entry in CCleaner related to Asus Power4Gear but it runs eveytime when Windows is started. How does it run?
    ASUS G53JW-XA1

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Xbcxbc View Post
    Does this utility do anything besides defining 2 power plans and having two buttons to choose between them?

I'm trying to set the default power plan to "Balanced" so that normally my laptop doesn't use so much power (when not needed) but P4GH only has 2 options: "High Performance" and "Battery saving". Even when I set the power plan to "Balanced", it gets reset to "High Performance" when I restart the machine - this is getting really annoying.

Is there a way to configure P4GH to not to override the power plan settings? Is this utility even needed on the laptop? It seems to be nothing more than a fancy (useless) interface to select between two items. I haven't uninstalled it yet because I'm not sure if it adds any special drivers to the system that are needed for proper operation.
    Yes just uninstalled it from programs and features, CC Cleaner can be hazardous to your OS do use unless there are no other options. Power4gear uninstalled easily and cleanly.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro