cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which voltages to make sure to keep off of auto?

Zarathustraa
Level 7
I killed one or two cpus awhile back on this platform when overclocking the cores, uncore, and running memory at xmp settings. In one of the cpus I definitely killed the memory controller. I remember hearing there is a bug that raises one or two of the voltages way too high. I'm setting vcore, vcache, vinput, and dram voltage. Both processors died in about a month.

Which voltages do I need to make sure to manually dial in to keep them at safe values? What are the ranges?
5 REPLIES 5

namoi
Level 8
Zarathustraa wrote:
I killed one or two cpus awhile back on this platform when overclocking the cores, uncore, and running memory at xmp settings. In one of the cpus I definitely killed the memory controller. I remember hearing there is a bug that raises one or two of the voltages way too high. I'm setting vcore, vcache, vinput, and dram voltage. Both processors died in about a month.

Which voltages do I need to make sure to manually dial in to keep them at safe values? What are the ranges?

On the X99 Strix Gaming there is a jumper that need to be plugged to allow extra voltage to the CPU. So as still this jumper isn't plugged you should be safe.
My guess is all the guys that fried their CPU enabled it (it is unplugged by default).
Not saying that you can't burn your CPU via the bios settings though, but when dealing with overclocking common sense and some readings beforehand is a must.

Zarathustraa
Level 7
This is for the Rampage v extreme. One of the voltages is bugged and gets to high when running xmp I believe.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
I don't think this has ever been replicated and it's a case of individuals entering VCCIN values into vcore.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Zarathustraa
Level 7
I think it was the system agent running at 1.2 volts that was killing some cpus. I just know the imc died on a two of my cpus fairly fast when I didn't manually enter the voltages impacting the imc.

Nixon2992
Level 7
ASUS X99 MBs ovevoltage VCCSA and VCCIO rails CPU when overclocking RAM manualy or with XMP profile.
You need fix VCCIO on 1.05 v for Haswell-E or 0.95v for Broadwell-E and VCCSA fix about 0.825-0.925v before overclock .
Max safe value VCCIO: x < 1.25v.
Max safe value VCCSA: x < 1.2v.
Max safe VCCIN: x < 1.95v
Max safe uncore and core voltage : x < 1.35v.