cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Asus GX501VS, found some problems

jayrdpatel
Level 7
Hey Asus Forum,

I recently purchased a new ASUS Zephyrus but have some problems with it that you hopefully can help me with

• Screen occasionally becomes this on shut down (see picture)
  • Brightness control and other Fn buttons do not always work, restart is requried to get it working again
  • Takes over a minute to shut down, but only a few seconds to start up
  • Keep getting Sonic Suite error (see picture)

If anyone has any information on these problems, it would be very much appreciated

Thanks,
    J7283772838
6 REPLIES 6

thejebronie
Level 7
well i feel so sorry for you i purchase a zephyrus 4 mount ago and asus will not help you at all on this forum you will have to use there awful rma service , if it's not to late i would return the unit and choose a different manufacture

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
I'm actually very envy some country like US, or Canada. You can return for cash back. In my country, once you purchase they will ask you to fk off. Even the RMA center, they can't help AT ALL.

I really wish to return my GX501VI, That audio problem never fix and its VERY annoying!.

OP PLEASE return the device, Get your money back and buy MSI stealth or Gigabyte AERO 15X which is FAR more better than any asus laptop. Speaking from my deep heart, I feel you BRO.

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
I'm visiting the forum and support page every day, every 5 hours to seek for support and FIX.

Apparently, they don't care.

mass shooting? how do you all think?
chaos must be created during computex soon to spread the awareness and VOICE out to the founder and CEO!

Thank you all for your help. Seems like ASUS Rog laptops aren't the way to go. I have the option of getting a new one of these or going for an MSI. The problem is that I love the design of the Zephyrus because it doesn't look too much like a gaming and is pretty lightweight whilst being robust. Any experience with the MSI?

thejebronie
Level 7
Yes I would definitely go with msi I had the 14 inch with gtx 1060 and i had no issue with it at all and there customer support is A one and there rma service is good and they have lot of place where you can have there laptop repair , the only reason i when for Asus is the gtx 1080 max- q and i regret it all the way

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
Asus is shutting my mouth. Guys, Please only speak the greatness of asus in this forum. We see no problem here, consider our money donation.

No complaint, no issues follow-up.

Close the thread.