cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to uninstall pre-packaged software?

bungus
Level 7
I got my ROG gaming laptop in 2015, I'm happy with the performance and graphics. One thing I didn't like is how it came with ASUS programs already installed on it, so I wanted to ask, how do I safely uninstall them? Will it affect anything on my pc?
7 REPLIES 7

haihane
Level 13
mind naming them? and we'll see what we can do from there.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
mind naming them? and we'll see what we can do from there.

ROG Macrokey, ROG gaming center, ASUS sonic suite plugins, and some audio enhancer program. I'm not sure what any of these programs do, but I would like it if you told me how to uninstall them safely.

haihane
Level 13
some have their preferred uninstaller they swear by,

if you don't mind mine: i swear by geek uninstaller -> https://geekuninstaller.com/download

use the free version. it's portable too.

once you run it, you should see the lists of softwares installed (just like in Windows' add/remove programs), select -> right click -> uninstall -> clean the residual HKEY strings or leftovers.

I already have an uninstaller tool, it works fine and cleans the registry too, is this one made for things like this or will mine work fine?

haihane
Level 13
Then just use yours. This one is as generic as it can be.

davemon50
Level 11
First thing I do with a new computer is a fresh and clean Windows install from disk or flash. No programs. Then download and install only what I want from the mfg for my board or laptop. Probably not what you were looking for, but no ghosts left over.
Davemon50

Joanne1
Level 9
Would you mind to let us know the model name of your laptop and let's see what we can do.