cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need power adapter part number for GL702VS-BI7N12 purchased at Best Buy

alejandrormz
Level 7
Hi there,

I just purchased an open-box Asus ROG gl702vs-bi7n12 from Best Buy and it was on clearance due to not having a power adapter.

I have been having the hardest time finding a replacement adapter, I even bought one from the Asus Store and it didn't work -I even called them, gave them my serial number and they assured me that it would work, but it didn't. it fits but it's not the correct kind and it doesn't charge- (this one: http://store.asus.com/us/item/201801AM110000001/A47375-ASUS-230W-Notebook-Power-Adapter)

Those of you who own one, could you please share a picture if possible of the exact model and part number of your adapter? I would like to see a picture of the tip of the adapter.

It appears that it needs to be a "coaxial" style (the one that looks like this: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61gEcpBlgAL._SL1500_.jpg) and not a "barrel with tip inside" style. And the PHI diameter is either 5.5mm or 6.0mm, and I expect the Wattage to be 230W.

Thank you!

Alejandro
Asus ROG G20CB-B10
6 REPLIES 6

FastM wrote:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?98604-Replacement-power-adapter-for-a-GL702VS

I was the last one who posted on that link above and I actually ordered one of the suggested power supplies from there and it didn't work (the barrel was too thick). Then I talked to Asus Support and they gave me the model of what their system returns when they entered my laptop's serial number and after I received the one they recommended it didn't have the right tip either, so I am going to send it back (see point #1 below).

I called the Asus store again today and they have no other supported listing for this specific model, I guess this model of laptop is unique since it was perhaps only sold at Best Buy or so?

In any case my options are boiling down to this:
1) Try to get a converter that goes from the tip of the 230W adapter I bought to the laptop
2) Order the G-model 180W adapter and see if it works
3) Return the laptop and get something else, since I have not been able to get in touch with any other owners of this exact same model and get the exact adapter model to look for one online.
Asus ROG G20CB-B10

I checked and it has the dreaded same barrel with tip inside style tip, so no luck.

I ended up taking the laptop back to Best Buy today. Maybe someone else will have better luck and/or more patience.*
Asus ROG G20CB-B10

alejandrormz wrote:
I checked and it has the dreaded same barrel with tip inside style tip, so no luck.

I ended up taking the laptop back to Best Buy today. Maybe someone else will have better luck and/or more patience.*

that’s odd because the user Sutekh says he bought it and it works.

FastM wrote:
that’s odd because the user Sutekh says he bought it and it works.

I am not sure why that's the case, but after buying 3 different units, taken the laptop to Micro Center and Best Buy and having them let me try out other adapters (and none of them working), I sadly had to let the laptop go. It was a super deal, but maybe it was some sort of display unit?
Asus ROG G20CB-B10