cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG strix RX 480 8gb has 80degree temp while playing PUBG is it normal?

aldwin2121
Level 7
Hi Guys, I don't if it is normal to have 80-82 degree C in playing pubg. I'm from a tropical country and my room ambient temp is around 28-31 degrees, my GPU idle temp is around 40-45 degrees. Please help me guys! thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
It depends on your configuration, game detail settings, and climate where you are. 80-82 is higher than usual but so is tropical climate in the Philippines. There's not much you can do about the climate unless you turn on the aircon. You haven't mentioned what case and cooling you are using in your hardware configuration, but I'm guessing more could be done there if you want to keep the same detail settings.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
It depends on your configuration, game detail settings, and climate where you are. 80-82 is higher than usual but so is tropical climate in the Philippines. There's not much you can do about the climate unless you turn on the aircon. You haven't mentioned what case and cooling you are using in your hardware configuration, but I'm guessing more could be done there if you want to keep the same detail settings.

Thank you masterasus! I cleaned my gpu with compressed air and turned on v-sync in pubg settings and after that my temperature while playing is now around 65-70 and I'm happy with it! :0 BTW sir last question, does my past temperature 80-82 degrees might have damage my gpu already??

Thanks,

ALdwin

MasterC@ASUS wrote:

Hi Master ASUS! Iam having trouble with my rx 480, remember the last time when I activate v-sync and it works, my temps are going down to 65-70 while playing pubg, now what happened is, I transfer case to tecware verge, upgraded ram but in single channel because i have issues with the slot. here is my specs:

cpu: g4560
ram: corsair vengance 3000mhz A1 and A2 slot
gpu: rog strix 480
cooler: corsair h110i gt
psu: 700w seasonic silver rated
180gb ssd
500gb hdd
case: tecware verge

3 intake fans in front, one fan out at the back, water cooler 280mm rad is place at the top, fan is facing out or upward.

now what happens is that when I was at PUBG lobby my gpu temp would kick up to 89-90 and when I am playing pubg in game it will go down upto 72-82 degrees. its really wierd because while in lobby it would kick at a very high temp. I am using afterburner. thanks in advance!