Thread: Aura help!!!

New ROGer Array

Aura help!!!

IM USING AURA SYNC BUT IT ONLY PICKS UP MY GTX 1080 STRIXS AND NOT MY ASUS MAXIMUS vIII HERO ALPHA SO I CANT CONTROL THE RGB LIGHT OR THE HEADERS. how do I fix this?

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Razer Basilisk
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Hi crimson1993

Welcome to the ROG forum.

The Maximus VIII Hero Alpha does not support Aura Sync, you'll need a Maximus IX or X motherboard for Aura Sync.

New ROGer Array

rgb help.

I don't see how. as they just released it for the mobo under utilities.

ROG Guru: Elusive Ronin Array SinisterDev85 PC Specs
    SinisterDev85 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Vi Hero
    ProcessorIntel i7 4790k @ 4.8ghz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident X 16GB F3-2400C10D-16GTX
    Graphics Card #1MSI 970 GTX 4GD5T OC
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorSamsung JU6500 UHD TV
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo SSD x2
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water 3.0 360mm
    CaseThermaltake Core V51
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNova G2 750w
    Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
    Mouse Evga Torq 10 carbon
    Mouse Pad Steel Series
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterAsus Rt-AC3100

Oh man, could my problem really be that simple? Ive been asking about this issue for a while now under the thread for issues with the newest version of Aura Sync and no one said anything about it not being supported by my Hero Alpha board! The weird part is, if its not compatible, how come they keep adding the Aura Sync updates to the Hero Alpha downloads page on the Asus site?
    A couple weeks ago I decided to pop in an see if there have been any updates for my board. I flashed the newest firmware and updated some of the software like Aura Sync. And just like the OP stated, Only my Strix gpu shows up in the app. Not my mobo or the strips attached to the RGB headers. I also just got a new RGB led kit to put in my case and was sad to see that I couldnt control any of it in the new Aura Sync. Im going to have to look into this, because I was really hoping to get all my leds sync'd up . The old software only control the board, so If I revert back to that one, then I dont think Ill be able to control the leds on my Strix
    ASUS ROG Maximus 8 Hero Alpha | Intel i5 6600k @4.7ghz | G. Skill Trident Z 16gb @ 3499mhz | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512gb | ASUS Strix GTX 1070 OC | EVGA Supernova G2 1300w | Windows 10 Pro x64

New ROGer Array

rgb help.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterDev85 View Post
    Oh man, could my problem really be that simple? Ive been asking about this issue for a while now under the thread for issues with the newest version of Aura Sync and no one said anything about it not being supported by my Hero Alpha board! The weird part is, if its not compatible, how come they keep adding the Aura Sync updates to the Hero Alpha downloads page on the Asus site?
    A couple weeks ago I decided to pop in an see if there have been any updates for my board. I flashed the newest firmware and updated some of the software like Aura Sync. And just like the OP stated, Only my Strix gpu shows up in the app. Not my mobo or the strips attached to the RGB headers. I also just got a new RGB led kit to put in my case and was sad to see that I couldnt control any of it in the new Aura Sync. Im going to have to look into this, because I was really hoping to get all my leds sync'd up . The old software only control the board, so If I revert back to that one, then I dont think Ill be able to control the leds on my Strix
    I cant revert to the old software that lets me use my header every time I do it says cant be done catastrophic failure.

ROG Guru: Elusive Ronin Array SinisterDev85 PC Specs
    SinisterDev85 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Vi Hero
    ProcessorIntel i7 4790k @ 4.8ghz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident X 16GB F3-2400C10D-16GTX
    Graphics Card #1MSI 970 GTX 4GD5T OC
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorSamsung JU6500 UHD TV
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo SSD x2
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water 3.0 360mm
    CaseThermaltake Core V51
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNova G2 750w
    Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
    Mouse Evga Torq 10 carbon
    Mouse Pad Steel Series
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterAsus Rt-AC3100

Quote Originally Posted by crimson1993 View Post
    I cant revert to the old software that lets me use my header every time I do it says cant be done catastrophic failure.
    Oh my... I hadnt even thought of that. I havent tried to revert back yet to see if it would work. Have you tried running AuraCleaner and possibly clear your registry with Ccleaner or something like that before trying to install the older version?
    ASUS ROG Maximus 8 Hero Alpha | Intel i5 6600k @4.7ghz | G. Skill Trident Z 16gb @ 3499mhz | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512gb | ASUS Strix GTX 1070 OC | EVGA Supernova G2 1300w | Windows 10 Pro x64

New ROGer Array

yup

yes I have and I cant do it as it says it cant be done do to catastrophic failure.

New ROGer Array

dont have to be a "D***"

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterDev85 View Post
    Oh my... I hadnt even thought of that. I havent tried to revert back yet to see if it would work. Have you tried running AuraCleaner and possibly clear your registry with Ccleaner or something like that before trying to install the older version?
    I'm newer to pc's and reverting them is not a common thing I have to do so I don't really know how to revert back but do know how to wipe everything and start fresh. also not going to do that. and I don't have a back up save as I don't know how to do that either.