cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura help!!!

crimson1993
Level 7
IM USING AURA SYNC BUT IT ONLY PICKS UP MY GTX 1080 STRIXS AND NOT MY ASUS MAXIMUS vIII HERO ALPHA SO I CANT CONTROL THE RGB LIGHT OR THE HEADERS. how do I fix this?
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152
Hi crimson1993

Welcome to the ROG forum.

The Maximus VIII Hero Alpha does not support Aura Sync, you'll need a Maximus IX or X motherboard for Aura Sync.

I don't see how. as they just released it for the mobo under utilities.

SinisterDev85
Level 11
Oh man, could my problem really be that simple? Ive been asking about this issue for a while now under the thread for issues with the newest version of Aura Sync and no one said anything about it not being supported by my Hero Alpha board! The weird part is, if its not compatible, how come they keep adding the Aura Sync updates to the Hero Alpha downloads page on the Asus site?
A couple weeks ago I decided to pop in an see if there have been any updates for my board. I flashed the newest firmware and updated some of the software like Aura Sync. And just like the OP stated, Only my Strix gpu shows up in the app. Not my mobo or the strips attached to the RGB headers. I also just got a new RGB led kit to put in my case and was sad to see that I couldnt control any of it in the new Aura Sync. Im going to have to look into this, because I was really hoping to get all my leds sync'd up . The old software only control the board, so If I revert back to that one, then I dont think Ill be able to control the leds on my Strix :confused:
ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | i9 14900ks | | G. Skill Trident Z5 8000 | 2x WD SN850x 4gb | Asus Strix RTX 4080 OC| Asus ROG Thor 1200w | Windows 11 Pro

SinisterDev85 wrote:
Oh man, could my problem really be that simple? Ive been asking about this issue for a while now under the thread for issues with the newest version of Aura Sync and no one said anything about it not being supported by my Hero Alpha board! The weird part is, if its not compatible, how come they keep adding the Aura Sync updates to the Hero Alpha downloads page on the Asus site?
A couple weeks ago I decided to pop in an see if there have been any updates for my board. I flashed the newest firmware and updated some of the software like Aura Sync. And just like the OP stated, Only my Strix gpu shows up in the app. Not my mobo or the strips attached to the RGB headers. I also just got a new RGB led kit to put in my case and was sad to see that I couldnt control any of it in the new Aura Sync. Im going to have to look into this, because I was really hoping to get all my leds sync'd up . The old software only control the board, so If I revert back to that one, then I dont think Ill be able to control the leds on my Strix :confused:

I cant revert to the old software that lets me use my header every time I do it says cant be done catastrophic failure.

crimson1993 wrote:
I cant revert to the old software that lets me use my header every time I do it says cant be done catastrophic failure.

Oh my... I hadnt even thought of that. I havent tried to revert back yet to see if it would work. Have you tried running AuraCleaner and possibly clear your registry with Ccleaner or something like that before trying to install the older version?
ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | i9 14900ks | | G. Skill Trident Z5 8000 | 2x WD SN850x 4gb | Asus Strix RTX 4080 OC| Asus ROG Thor 1200w | Windows 11 Pro

yes I have and I cant do it as it says it cant be done do to catastrophic failure.

SinisterDev85 wrote:
Oh my... I hadnt even thought of that. I havent tried to revert back yet to see if it would work. Have you tried running AuraCleaner and possibly clear your registry with Ccleaner or something like that before trying to install the older version?

I'm newer to pc's and reverting them is not a common thing I have to do so I don't really know how to revert back but do know how to wipe everything and start fresh. also not going to do that. and I don't have a back up save as I don't know how to do that either.