cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG SPATHA wireless not working

diminuto
Level 7
Hi everyone!

I updated the firmware of Spatha and now is not working in wireless mode. I tried updating the dock, the armoury. I tried to unplug the battery, reinstall several times armoury and still not working....Is like the dock and the mouse can´t pairing

Armoury version: 2.04.09
Firmware: 1.69

Im sure 100% that is a software problem.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance
53 REPLIES 53

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
So wireless was working previously? Did this happen after upgrading to Armoury 2.04.09?
Is your dock firmware on 1.32?
Are you on the latest version/build of Windows 10?
Is the dock connected to a hub or a laptop? Tried different USB ports?

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
So wireless was working previously? Yes
Did this happen after upgrading to Armoury 2.04.09? Yes
Is your dock firmware on 1.32? Yes
Are you on the latest version/build of Windows 10? Yes
Is the dock connected to a hub or a laptop? Tried different USB ports?
Is connected to a hub, then I tried to connect directly to the laptop, tried on pc, tried on mac....

cyber1000
Level 8
So now my mouse just started acting weird like its lagged and not moving accordingly, sometimes the button pressing doesnt work either while its acting like this. Its weird cuz it seems to come and go without a reason, already tried to clean the sensor in case it was something in it but wouldnt make sense since the buttons dont click either and reinstalled armoury, revert to the old armoury but still have the same issues, im honestly truly disappointed with this mouse, considering the price i paid for it and being experiencing problems constantly...
It seems to happen only when in wireless

Please check if you have the latest software and firmware:

Tried different USB ports? If possible, avoid connecting the Spatha to USB hubs or front-panel USB ports.

Yeah both the armory and firmwares are updated, also tried all the other ports problem still happens, now the light is just flashing red and 10min ago the mouse stopped working completely both wired and wireless, armoury set the mouse to 50dpi and all the buttons automatically set to disable, i swear i dunno wth is going on with this mouse

at this point im not sure if its the mouse or armoury corrupting the mouse tbh, the armoury is glitched as hell both old and new, never had a stable version of it since i had the mouse, profiles erases on itself, settings goes wild etc, its really disappointing paying 150€ for a mouse and have this kind of issues and i cant even return it cuz its past the time and nothing guarantees me that sending to rma will fix it or avoid it from happening in a future soon

Sorry to hear of your troubles with the mouse. Please try resetting the Spatha by opening it up with the supplied tool, then disconnect and reconnect the battery. Sounds like the mouse tracking issue is simply that the dpi has somehow been changed to 50, just check if you changed profiles inadvertently. Profiles generally don't disappear, unless new firmware or software requires it in order to update.

Just reset and customize all the settings the way you want it, then give it another try.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Sorry to hear of your troubles with the mouse. Please try resetting the Spatha by opening it up with the supplied tool, then disconnect and reconnect the battery. Sounds like the mouse tracking issue is simply that the dpi has somehow been changed to 50, just check if you changed profiles inadvertently. Profiles generally don't disappear, unless new firmware or software requires it in order to update.

Just reset and customize all the settings the way you want it, then give it another try.

Yesterday i have the same problem - then i turn on my PC mouse doesn't activated and led on dock is still turned off. I placed mouse on dock and remove it immediatly. After this mouse is activated but pointer moves on small area (about 1 square cm). I connect my old mouse and open Armoury and saw that the all options in performace tab setted to its maximum value (dpi, acceleration, deccelration etc.). I clicked to DEFAULT button and apply changes but this not resolves problem - mouse pointer start to move at maximum speed and doesn't react on any changes in Armoury. Then i click on Change DPI button on mouse the Armoury is crashed. Before this incident i have setted up 2 profiles on mouse and this problem appears only on one of it. Another profiles continue to work properly. Looks like the one of profiles is corrupted and Armory can not fix it by saving new params.
After an hour of searching for solutions to the problem (disconnectiong battery, changing profiles etc) i unintalled the last version of Armoury (2.05.01) and installed old version (last of 1.xx) and it correctly rewrites the corrupted profile in mouse. After this i installed again the last version and it start to works normally with this profile like before.

Also, as i write in another thread, i have the the battery issue - it discharges by 60-65% over the night then my PC is turned off (in sleep mode).

Gradually comes disappointment in the purchase of this mouse 😞 It about 2 years on market and still have that critical bugs.

Syberon wrote:
Yesterday i have the same problem - then i turn on my PC mouse doesn't activated and led on dock is still turned off. I placed mouse on dock and remove it immediatly. After this mouse is activated but pointer moves on small area (about 1 square cm). I connect my old mouse and open Armoury and saw that the all options in performace tab setted to its maximum value (dpi, acceleration, deccelration etc.). I clicked to DEFAULT button and apply changes but this not resolves problem - mouse pointer start to move at maximum speed and doesn't react on any changes in Armoury. Then i click on Change DPI button on mouse the Armoury is crashed. Before this incident i have setted up 2 profiles on mouse and this problem appears only on one of it. Another profiles continue to work properly. Looks like the one of profiles is corrupted and Armory can not fix it by saving new params.
After an hour of searching for solutions to the problem (disconnectiong battery, changing profiles etc) i unintalled the last version of Armoury (2.05.01) and installed old version (last of 1.xx) and it correctly rewrites the corrupted profile in mouse. After this i installed again the last version and it start to works normally with this profile like before.

Also, as i write in another thread, i have the the battery issue - it discharges by 60-65% over the night then my PC is turned off (in sleep mode).

Gradually comes disappointment in the purchase of this mouse 😞 It about 2 years on market and still have that critical bugs.

Sounds like the software crashed before you had a chance to save the second profile settings. Which profile was giving you issues? 2/3/4/5?

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Sounds like the software crashed before you had a chance to save the second profile settings. Which profile was giving you issues? 2/3/4/5?

Profile 2 give me this issue. The software visually work correctly with all profiles, it reads previously saved settings and i can save the new settings by clicking the SAVE button. But this gave an effect on all profiles except the second. Furthermore, i can change the lighting effects on 2-nd profile, the problem affects only preformance settings.
Then i trying to change DPI (only then 2-nd profile was active) by clicking on DPI-change button - Armoury sofware crashed, white led doesn't turn on and mouse pointer start to moving only in vertical axis. Second click on this button slows down pointer like it has 50dpi, and third click returns very fast speed like 8000dpi.