cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix 503 Laptop's Desktop Freezing (started today)

Xenoclix
Level 7
Hey all

Today my laptop (ROG Strix 503) was turned on as one does and it did something strange that never happened before (2months old).

So basically when i loaded windows and got to the desktop it was fine.

So i proceeded to open up a folder which went well then another folder. From there i couldnt click anything in the folder whatsoever.

I tried going to my task bar and once again couldnt highlight any of click anything over it. I could still move the cursor, alt tab between the windows and such and managed to move around sometimes via keyboard.

But then it worked. Then quickly stoppes again.

I reset the laptop and shut it down normally and still a nogo same thing.

Because i have been frustrated through the evening with this i did a factory reset. SAME THING! I looked on the internet and did a system file checker which resulted in no errors.

Im baffled. Dont want to take it to the tech guys just yet. Any ideas on what it might be?

Thanks!

PS. I even tried it in safe mode. Same thing.
4 REPLIES 4

Clintlgm
Level 14
Sounds like you have a hardware issue
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Im going to have a tech look at it today.

If he diagnoses the problem being hardware would it be covered by warrenty as its 2 months old?

Xenoclix wrote:
Im going to have a tech look at it today.

If he diagnoses the problem being hardware would it be covered by warranty as its 2 months old?

Have you registered your notebook with Asus Support
if so contact support, I would suggest you also PM cl-albert he is an Asus employee and is our Customer Loyalty rep in these forums? You haven't bothered to fill out your profile so don't know what country your in what notebook you have. There much different warranty's out there including a 3 month one for Referbs. Mine came with a 1 year and I purchased a 2-year warranty so your the only one that knows what warranty you have.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent