cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX501 and Liquid Metal inquiry

CoffeeAddictGuy
Level 7
Hi guys! I'm not sure if this inquiry had been posted already but I am planning to do a repaste on my gx501. I'm thinking of using the thermal grizzly conductonaut liquid metal but before I actually do it, I need to know the type of metal used on the gx501's heatsink because based on what I have searched, thermal grizzly's liquid metal and aluminium don't get along very well.
Any thougjhts?
Thank you in advance.
10 REPLIES 10

Rob_W_
Level 12
CoffeeAddictGuy wrote:
Hi guys! I'm not sure if this inquiry had been posted already but I am planning to do a repaste on my gx501. I'm thinking of using the thermal grizzly conductonaut liquid metal but before I actually do it, I need to know the type of metal used on the gx501's heatsink because based on what I have searched, thermal grizzly's liquid metal and aluminium don't get along very well.
Any thougjhts?
Thank you in advance.

The IHS is made of nickel *Plated copper, can be found in the data sheets if you want to double check but should be fine for LM.

Rob W. wrote:
The IHS is made of nickel *Plated copper, can be found in the data sheets if you want to double check but should be fine for LM.

Thanks for the info! I'll check it out. Hopefully this would fix my 99°c heat problem with the cpu. 🙂

Reply some results after plz . And you can also Undervolt your CPU to get lower temps

Fugasik wrote:
Reply some results after plz . And you can also Undervolt your CPU to get lower temps

Will do! I already undervolted the cpu, but still have heating issues. Hopefully liquid metal will be my answer. 🙂

CoffeeAddictGuy wrote:
Will do! I already undervolted the cpu, but still have heating issues. Hopefully liquid metal will be my answer. 🙂

How do you undervolt? Which version of xtu you use? Because the XTU have only few options avaiable.

Im using latest bios btw.

ROG_HARDCORE wrote:
How do you undervolt? Which version of xtu you use? Because the XTU have only few options avaiable.

Im using latest bios btw.

Dave2d gave an overview of the howto's

no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

CoffeeAddictGuy wrote:

so how you done it? how is it going? i plan to do the same thing too..

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
Thanks, its working. I'm using wrong version of XTU previously. Does anyone manage to alter XMP profile in XTU? No such options available in XTU...

ROG_HARDCORE wrote:
Thanks, its working. I'm using wrong version of XTU previously. Does anyone manage to alter XMP profile in XTU? No such options available in XTU...

I would recommend using trottlestop for Undervolting, had some problems with XTU