cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent GL503VD battery life

arch_simbahan
Level 7
I just bought Asus ROG GL503VD last month, I've noticed that the battery drained too fast. I dont know what to do, i'll try to explore my laptop but i didnt find any answer to solve this issue. In 30-40 minutes, the battery life goea down to 30% .
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
I moved your thread to the GL section. Other owners can share their battery performance.

Battery life depends on what you are doing. If you are just browsing the internet you should have decent battery life unless you encounter malware that is maxing out your CPU. If you are gaming and heavily using the CPU and GPU then laptop battery life will be quite short. If you want to game for an extended period of time on any gaming laptop you have to plug it in.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

StarJack
Level 11
I've had issues with Windows drivers for power management with my GL series laptop where Windows incorrectly reports the amount of battery life remaining. If it is, in fact, software related, you can go into your device manager and delete everything under the "Batteries" category. Reboot and see what is reported for your battery life. This may solve the issue.

If that fails, you can try running "powercfg.exe /batteryreport" from a command shell. Take a look at the battery report that is generated by Windows. Two fields to pay attention to are DESIGN CAPACITY and FULL CHARGE CAPACITY. Hopefully your full charge capacity is close to the design capacity.

StarJack

trickynickyuk
Level 7
if I'm honest I have the 703zc and my battery is really bad and only having the laptop close to 3 weeks and it showing 20.9% wear level already and mine drains in windows within 20-30 mins and that's with settings set to balanced in power options

trickynickyuk wrote:
if I'm honest I have the 703zc and my battery is really bad and only having the laptop close to 3 weeks and it showing 20.9% wear level already and mine drains in windows within 20-30 mins and that's with settings set to balanced in power options

That sounds defective. It's normal to expect high drain during intense gaming but just sitting in Windows will not drain nor wear that fast. You should contact your merchant and see if they can exchange it. If not, pursue the warranty with ASUS.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…