cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WTF Intel???

DaemonCantor
Level 13
I just ran through Newegg to get an idea how much it's going to cost me to switch from AMD to Intel. Well here's what I found: If I want a NEW Socket 2011 system I'm going to pay between $1000 USD (Processor Sold Out) to over $1500 USD just for the Motherboard and CPU????? WTF! No Memory, Drives, Keyboard/Mouse, Video Card, Monitor, Printer....Just the Motherboard and CPU!. Well for that amount of money I can live with a little performance hit since I'll never see the difference in what I do and have my COMPLETE setup with Multi-Monitors for the entry price or I'll start looking at 4 to 5 year old setup's from Intel based systems and still be in the same place. I have to hand it to anyone with enough money to afford this stuff because I'll never be able to.

Reference to this is:
CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007671%20600217725&IsNodeId=1&name=LG...

Motherboard (Pick one of 30): http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007627%20600238945&IsNodeId=1&name=LG...
15 REPLIES 15

HiVizMan
Level 40
LOL and why on earth are you wanting to go X79???

Get a nice 2500K CPU a good channel board or a ROG IV Maximus with some 2133MHz ram and you have a system that will kick serious butt.

Still for me the best gaming system if you couple a good GFX card to that set up. Go do the maths at the egg and you will see you have plenty change.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Area_66
Level 11
Nothing new here, it's more than 10 years that Intel Extreme Processors are over $ 1000 , it's for the Extreme Enthusiasm, They use to be the only one to have unlock clock, but with the K series you have about the same unlocking and about the same performance.

Intel make processors for every price and every customers, those $ 1000 are definitively for peoples who can afford it, Intel know it.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Yea, I know HiVizMan, I got curious as to all of the buzz about it and looked...I had 2 Heart Attacks looking at the prices! Thank GOD I have a good power supply to Defibrillate me! Trust me I'm not downing Intel based Systems, yes they are fast and all but for me I can wait the extra 2 seconds to encode my video of the grandchildren it's not a life or death thing...lol. Pretty much everything I own is outdated before I purchased it!...Just like me...

pcjunkie209
Level 9
Wait for those chips to become more available and u should be able to get a 3930K that will in the long run be better for your needs or go Z77 when it comes out it will rock everything. I wouldn't have gone X79 if Someone didn't give me a 3960X to keep. 🙂
"I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://Pcjunkiemods.com
http://c2cmods.com

xeromist
I've been on Intel for probably the last 15 years or more...but my gaming rigs are never built on the top end parts. For me it just doesn't pencil out. I can build systems twice as often by sticking to mid-range parts so my median performance is actually better.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

DaemonCantor
Level 13
I take it nobody noticed that the Lowest priced of the two chips was still 3 times higher price than a 1100T.... 😛 ...Hmmm let me see...$199 for a 1100T from AMD or $600 for a 3930K....That's a tough choice... Yes I know as well as pretty much everyone else that the Extreme Chips are always over a Thousand Bucks but when the low end is 2 to 3 times the price of the Competition....That's what shocked me so much. :eek: and yes I could get a 2500k but that's so yesterday!...I want Tomorrow Now and at a price I can Afford!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819106008

HiVizMan
Level 40
.I want Tomorrow Now and at a price I can Afford!

Funny you should say that I feel the same way about the U19 women's volleyball team. My wife sadly has very different views on the subject.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

chrsplmr
Level 18
There is the Marketing Phrase of the Century... "Tomorrow Now at a Price You Can Afford" ... hahhaa thnx..i needed that.

If I cant see the difference...then why pay the difference?

Not plane, nor bird, or even frog ..... just lil' ol' V UnderROG
AMDeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee AWAY !!!! hahahhahahaa

----> And thats a good point also..to be serious for a second..hahaha..only one..please.
You dont need 10 Grand... its nice.. but.. Ur ROGn with a G...[ hahaha -- get it ?? ] and some change..
with the same GFX options.......... GAME ON .....git sU'm.

WTF ??? ..... oooh..yeah..I forgot [family filter] What The FatBack and Beans. hahahhahahaa
well... some were probably wondering ..
Good to see familiar faces++.......end of any cents I had, SpareMind.c.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
I guess the lesson I learned a long time ago still stands...When on a water budget don't look at Beautiful Women, Fast cars, or Mc Donalds Restaurants...