cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NB 60C Crosshair V Formula-Z

IonGeneral
Level 8
Hello.

First off I should mention that I am an IT engineer. However, all IT engineers run into issues they can't resolve themselves and sometimes have to seek help elsewhere! Here is mine.

So I have a custom built (by myself) gaming PC (AMD powered; CPU and GPU, specs/CPU-Z included) with liquid cooling on the CPU and the majority of my games run flawlessly on a 19% CPU overclock. (Which is stable...99% of the time) I reinstalled Mafia II on Steam and started playing today and all of my video settings are of course auto-set to the highest available settings in-game, including Apex PhysX on (the problem I believe may be related to Apex PhysX). In about roughly 20 minutes into the game (the first story mission) my system completely shut itself down. So I booted back up and on the boot POST it came up with "NB Overheating detected" or something along those lines. I am unsure as to how best to cool the NB as as of current it's temperature is at 64'C at the time of writing this thread. I am using HWinfo to check that temperature and of course it shows "T2 - 64'C".

Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2GHz (stock) - 19% overclock - 3.8GHz
RAM: 14GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 (I think)
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280X 3GB
Cooling: Corsair Hydro H90
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
2 REPLIES 2

So I've installed 2 additional fans to my case yet my NB is averaging at 60'C. I reduced my overclock from 3.8GHz to 3.3GHz, 3.6GHz turbo but no difference.

Since this post my NB temp has been at 59 to 64'C and hasn't cooled below 55'C. It has 2 fans blowing at it to try and cool it down but to no avail. I don't understand why it's suddenly started doing this since playing Mafia II with Apex PhysX enabled. This wasn't happening before that.