cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with sound. can not get audio playback to work

domfather
Level 7
hello all im having issues with my maximus ix formula motherboard. its running on windows 10 with latest updates. For a while since i had this system running iv been using sterio speakers and quite recently i got a new 5.1 speeker system to replace them. everything seemd to work fine. then just yesterday when i was playing a video game i noticed that there was destorion coming from one of the speakers. i turnd of the system and this morning turning it back on and there was next to no sound from the speakers. but there was a constant hum coming from the speeker that had the problem. i tested this in windows playback. and turning volume all the way up did not change the volume. also so I unpluged the 5.1 system from the motherboard and tried to connect my old speakers to rule out if it was a problem with the system or a problem with the computer and when i did this i got the messege "You rear line out impendance is under 51 ohm amplification level has been set to performance. and there is no sound from the old speakers... iv only managed to get sound when i set the computer to use the speakers from my display....can anyone help? im not sure what to do.
CPU: i7 7700k
GPU: EVGA 1080ti Kingpin
Ram: GSkill TridentZRGB 2x8 3200mhz
cooler: NZKT kraken x52
Psu: EVGA G2L 850watt
HD1: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB
HD2: WDCB 1T
HD3: WDCB 4T
Case: HAFX
1 REPLY 1

davemon50
Level 11
Have you tried the Windows troubleshooter? If you rt-click the volume icon you should have an option to use it.
Davemon50