cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No USB power and no video

mannythemammoth
Level 7
HI Everyone, i recently installed a 1080ti into my p5 open case with a extension cable so i can vertically mount it. I put everything back together and ran benchmarks yesterday. As of 7 AM EST this morning my computer would not show any video and appears to have lost the ability to power any of my usb devices. I am currently going through the process of testing every component to see if its anything else but ive tested all the peripherals and other computers give them power. The bios switch on the rear I/O panel appears to be on as well as the Lan use light. The computer powers on and shows lights but will not show anything on any of my monitors or tv with either the gpu ports or mobo ports. the VGA light is on. I have now removed the GPU and it boots so im guessing my 850 watt power supply is not enough for my 5 ssds, water pump, case lighting and the new 1080ti. Oddly it was working fine yesterday. Any thoughts on what other possible causes?

MannyTheMammoth
1 REPLY 1

Nate152
Hi mannythemammoth

Try the 1080 Ti in the first pcie x16 slot without the extension cable, if no go clear the cmos and reflash/update the bios, or if you have the Maximus VII Extreme try bios 2.

A quality 850w psu is plenty for your pc, please list your complete specs and everything connected.

Let's hope it's just the extension cable.