cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual monitor with ROG GL502VMK

boang3000
Level 7
Hi Guys,

Just wanna ask some advice, I am really not sure if my application will run smoothly (60fps and up) if I add an extra monitor to my laptop. I'm planning to buy a 28" monitor or anyone can recommend me that can run application smoothly if I added an extra monitor? I usually play games, do some video editings and coding. It would be better if it's similar to this ROG Swift 27 inch monitor but the price is too much I guess.

Specs from my laptop:
- i7 7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
- GTX 1060 GDDR5 @ 6 GB (192-bit)
- 16 GB of RAM

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

Matze2k0
Level 7
It will work but you have to keep in mind that the heat will be higher, about 5-10 degrees celsius. In my case using a 24 inch 144h Asus display. My GL702VMK was shutting down once it reached about 100 degrees celsius. I've done some modifications which you can find here in other Threads and it is working now.

Matze2k0 wrote:
It will work but you have to keep in mind that the heat will be higher, about 5-10 degrees celsius. In my case using a 24 inch 144h Asus display. My GL702VMK was shutting down once it reached about 100 degrees celsius. I've done some modifications which you can find here in other Threads and it is working now.

Thanks for the reply 🙂 how do you check the heatness of it? What should I install? What modifications did you do? If you don't mind me asking, do you know the keywords so that I can search it on these community?

boang3000 wrote:
Thanks for the reply 🙂 how do you check the heatness of it? What should I install? What modifications did you do? If you don't mind me asking, do you know the keywords so that I can search it on these community?

You can check the heatness with the ROG Gaming Center or CoreTemp (CPU) and MSI Afterburner for GPU. Well there are a few modifications which you can try but to be honest the best one will void your warranty, if you don't buy a replacement bottom cover.

I've drilled holes into my replacement bottom case, closed the gaps between the fans and the heatpipes, undervolting GPU with MSI Afterburner and CPU with Intel XTU and i'm using a cooling pad. Yes, thats quite a bit work to be done but I've managed to get good results. You can find everything you need in the thread below.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?89061-GL702VM-amp-similar-Solution-to-Performance-issues-O...