cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does cache frequency impact memory training?

Zarathustraa
Level 7
I'm trying to get adaptive voltages setup. The computer locks up, while booting, if I have the cache frequency set to clock down under light use. The ram just passed 3 hours of GSAT, but since then I've enabled fast and cold fast boot. (don't believe that was turned back on for the GSAT run) vcache runs at 1.175 constantly. Could the cache clocking down impact memory training results?

The only other thing I could think of is in offset mode the system agent, or cpu io voltages might not be getting enough volts. Though, the issue even happens if manual voltages are set and the min and max cache have different values.
1 REPLY 1

Zarathustraa
Level 7
Figured out the blue screens I was getting every time I booted into Windows 10, without first getting dumped to the bios to fix an unsuccessful overclock, was the result of having only the boot drive enabled at startup. On the Rampage V Extreme this seems to be a bug that shows up when the EFI partition is on an NVME drive. Only happens when booting into Windows, and Linux doesn't have any issues with booting. Almost certain my overclock has nothing to do with this, as about a year ago, when I first put an NVME drive in the system, the same issue started cropping up and I was running completely at stock with only some minor adjustments in the bios to decrease startup time. Enabling all drives at boot fixed the isssue for me back then.

Would be very nice if there was a fix for this on the motherboard.