cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opinions on Rog Code/Hero/Formula/apex

lordofwater
Level 9
For one Intel I5 configuration what is the best motherboard for gaming stability and overclock in the object?For the ram i have thinked at rog dominator platinum 3000/3200 what do you thinked?
7 REPLIES 7

will_s
Level 7
to be honest I wouldnt touch the Hero, have the much cheaper Asrock z370 Gaming 6 with a i5 8600k and it overclocks a breeze and boots twice as fast as the Hero

Cant comment on the others ..........whatever you get just make sure the ram is on the QVL ( most will work but if anything goes wrong you know the Ram has been tested on that motherboard )
will

Menthol
Level 14
Any of these boards will be fine for your needs, they will all overclock pretty much equally for gaming, daily use, choose the board that has the most features you want
The Apex has only two memory slots and is designed for extreme overclocking, and is larger than standard board so it may not fit in all cases
Formula, Code, and Hero Wifi all have on board Wifi if that is a needed option
If you are concerned with high memory speeds Gskill have arguably the best dimm's but just make sure the memory kit you purchase has Samsung B-die modules, they are more likely to work without issue and overclock easier (XMP is overclocking)

lordofwater
Level 9
the ram is a corsair rog dominator platinum 3000/3200

Menthol
Level 14
The memory should be compatible and have no issues at rated speed

lordofwater
Level 9
Ok thanks

Did you already got the cpu or yet to buy . If so then get 8700k and z370-e or higher.

If you already got the cpu. even then z370-e suffice. Dont get dominator . Get the ram with 3200 from corsair say RGB or non RBG version like vengence or get Trident z gskill.

For oc'ing headroom the 8700k and 8600k works well with asus rog . Provided you can invest much in terms of cooling. try getting a 280mm or 360mm rad rather a 240mm rad.

post your decision.

What is current pc you are upgrading from. to current gen. What are parts being carried out.

lordofwater
Level 9
my pc is an old amd 810 phenom x4 8gb ram at 1666 psu ocz stealth xtreme 600w motherboard sapphire am3 i don't know the esact model for the ram i have thinked at teamgroup t-force xtreem ddr4 with chip samsung 16gb or night hawk and for the ssd i go for neutron nx500 corsair!!!