cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Boot Order

Not_Enough_Rage
Level 11
I added another new SSD today, but when I re-connected the sata 6Gb/s cables to the mother board, I don`t think the cables are in the order that I had them. The boot order in the UEFI BIOS is wrong. How do I correct the boot order without re-installing windows. Also how do I re-label the drive letters?
2 REPLIES 2

Korth
Level 14
The user manual for your motherboard illustrates the placement of the SATA connectors.

On a MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME, "SATA6G_1" will always be the default (AHCI Mode) boot drive. Whichever SATA drive is plugged into it should be the boot/system drive, unless you've configured a multi-drive SATA RAID or you're using a PCIe/M.2 SSD.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Not_Enough_Rage
Level 11
Yea, the default drive didn't change. But, everything is right now. I went back into the BIOS and changed each drives boot order by using the drop down menu for each boot order. The drive with Windows is still the first UEFI Boot Manager drive.
I couldn't remember how to do this because I don`t do these kind of changes enough.