cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my zenith did it again INFINITY boot loops, how do i RMA this piece of crap

masterac
Level 8
i am tired of this, 600 euro this board cost and i keep having and issues and issues, its a non stop list of bugs, not posting, so how do i rma this piece of sh... yes i will call it a piece of S because anything worthy of that price should NOT have that many issue.

to any potential buyer DON'T BUY THIS

here the complete list of everything i have AGAIN

- auto reset of ram speed to maximum at 3600 mhz, so the computer show me a screen telling me it couldn't post and had to reset the ram

- infinity boot loops, even with power off, unplug, i have to wait around 2 minute before i turn it back on hoping for it to exit the infinity loops and show me the bios screen.....telling me of course..... to reset my ram speed
and by infinity i am no kidding the thing will boot more than 15 TIME !!!!! without stopping ( i am the one to stop it because i don't want more than 4000 euro of component to suffer from this. )

- no more signal to screen
just happen, no cable was moved...nothing, just rebooted and tadaaaa, signal again, its like a bad joke.

- usb keep failing for the wireless mouse, even though its right NEXT TO IT.

- usb speed is not the same depending on which one i use

and the bonus bug

-bad install of windows, and yes i am putting it on the board since i installed it from a usb key, using a legit copies it not normal to have that many bug, missing files and all

for this price i would expect asus rep to be here, instead its only us users, trying to make this piece of crap work

what piss me the most its that its going to take me hours to get it out of the case, getting out the cooling liquid, the cpu, i just hate this situation, all because i tried to believe into this brand one last time.

asus doesn't even care for its customer service and doesn't enforce anything, its like if you buy their product ...good luck trying to make a warranties work with it, my old board maximus, the shop asked me to pay to rma it ( still under warrantie ) using the opportunity when i saw an asus rep at an event, he told me its not normal...but they can't do anything about it, well thats USEFULL !!!!!
9 REPLIES 9

masterac
Level 8
what i don't get is this for those who ask what i tried so far.

RAM
more than 24 hours of ram testing at default setting, thats 11h on 2 different program.....no issue found.

- yet bsod when loading/playing a game
- freeze when loading/playing a game

USB
- webcam getting different setting depending on which port being use on the board, and sometime just a reboot give different result
- flicker from usb keyboard

gpu
- bad connection from multiple screen when i get up
- fliker on the screen if cpu is being used ( happen mostly when loading a game, seen during loading screen

what i don't get
info from OLED SCREEN on the board
- in infinity loop, would stop on CPU then shutdown and reboot, did this for 1 minutes, then posted normaly

again psu is 1500w, showed no issue to power the rig since i don't use to more than 25 %, even less, last time i check i take less than 200w from it at iddle, at full burn with the gpu i am at 400w, so their is enough left.

all rig is being watercooled with 3 radiator, and 8 fan total, cpu is never above 45 degree, its at 30 degree at idle

davemon50
Level 11
Sounds extremely frustrating. I know you've tested the RAM, but have you actually replaced it with something else temporary? I had one bad RAM chip one time, and all my RAM tested fine, but it was an intermittent problem that I couldn't detect. Windows continued to fail in many ways and I had to reinstall multiple times. After a long hull I finally found a RAM error and I replaced both chips. Once I replaced the RAM all was well, one chip was intermittently bad.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Sounds extremely frustrating. I know you've tested the RAM, but have you actually replaced it with something else temporary? I had one bad RAM chip one time, and all my RAM tested fine, but it was an intermittent problem that I couldn't detect. Windows continued to fail in many ways and I had to reinstall multiple times. After a long hull I finally found a RAM error and I replaced both chips. Once I replaced the RAM all was well, one chip was intermittently bad.

i could try that, right now i am having an error everytime i try to play fortnight, seem to be ram related

its been happening all morning, i can play stable for more than 10 minute before i get either a freeze, a bsod or a game crash

the bsod was about system_service_exception

element that fail to load was win32kbase.sys

masterac wrote:
i could try that, right now i am having an error everytime i try to play fortnight, seem to be ram related

its been happening all morning, i can play stable for more than 10 minute before i get either a freeze, a bsod or a game crash

the bsod was about system_service_exception

element that fail to load was win32kbase.sys

And hop again, this time another bsod, the picture speak for itself

And of course same thing, after reboot no more personal info, chrome, or other profil are gone, but reboot again and they are all back...crazy !!!!

masterac
Level 8
not enough ? how about the newest one yet.

my windows just reboot to default, taking away all of my app profil and clearing my desktop, the file are still there but i have to go looking for them in the user file on my drive, they are still in the same spot, they just don't show up on the desktop.

and when i reboot...magic they are back, but this last but i mostly blame windows since i am not the only one getting it, even with fresh install.

this is the bug for curious people

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/5eac4d50-bab5-457c-a9da-b1e3214e1adc...

davemon50
Level 11
Don't quote me on this because It's been a while, but last time I checked Windows stores multiple profile copies (or at least used to, prior to W10). So if it got unstable you might lose that information but it could load the last successful profile after rebooting. It was something like 7 copies from previous boots. You might be experiencing something similar. Again does sound like RAM to me though.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Don't quote me on this because It's been a while, but last time I checked Windows stores multiple profile copies (or at least used to, prior to W10). So if it got unstable you might lose that information but it could load the last successful profile after rebooting. It was something like 7 copies from previous boots. You might be experiencing something similar. Again does sound like RAM to me though.

Its not the case since all of the information in IMAGE , VIDEO , DOWLOAD, DOCUMENT are still there, they are just invisible, the shortcut to them in explorer will lead to empty files.

and i have to go to c drive /user to find them in their own files safe and sound.

It just i load some empty tempory profil, since it get the info from the drive and not the ram it weird.

But for sure the issue i am haing right now must be ram for sure, i will boot from one stick at a time, they are 16 each so i should be fine trying on games.

So i am suffering from a bad board, a bad ram, whats next a bad gpu ahahaha talk about luck

davemon50
Level 11
Masterac, you haven't provided enough info in this thread that I can see to diagnose RAM, or the whole problem. Why don't you add all your specs to your profile so we can see them. Or to your sig here. It's needed for context.

From THIS POST you put up in a previous thread, it appears you have GSkill Trident Z f4-3600c17q-64gtzr. Please confirm. Also confirm your motherboard, I assume Zenith Extreme but you don't say, this forum section is multiple boards and I can only assume this is the correct sub-forum and assume which board.

I took that RAM model number above and went to look for your QVL for Zenith Extreme. I don't see anything other than THIS LIST for RAM.

Now scroll to page 13 of the document for 3600 MHz RAM. That GSkill model is not listed there. Unless there's a later document you have, then it's not a qualified RAM kit. Probably the source of all your problems. Having said that, it doesn't necessarily mean they won't work, but it does mean that Asus has never tested that RAM (successfully) with that board. The list is telling you that you are installing that kit at your own risk.

Again, please provide enough information so that your question is in context (helps others to read your situation better). But it does appear from all you've posted that you might indeed have a RAM issue here.
Davemon50

davemon50
Level 11
......maybe THIS POST is a better explanation? There's more detail.

EDIT: I also took a look on GSkill website too for GSkill specs, and here's the GSkill QVL for that RAM kit (expanded for ASUS only). Is your motherboard on it?

Davemon50