cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus DLX RAID can't do 5.3ms or 10.7 ms Latency

x7007
Level 7
I'm using an application that make it real 7.1 and it installs a Virtual USB Device .

Now I also have Sennheiser GSX 1000 USB sound card which works fine when using lowest latency 5.3ms

When using less than 21.3ms the sound is garbled and distorted .

I'm using windows 10 x64 1709 with 1.18 driver.

I tried with Asmedia drivers 1.651.1 that I downloaded from station driver which is newer than the one comes with the 1.18 installation , I also tried the Generic microsoft Asmedia drivers.

Can you guys fix this ?
4 REPLIES 4

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
x7007 wrote:
I'm using an application that make it real 7.1 and it installs a Virtual USB Device .

Now I also have Sennheiser GSX 1000 USB sound card which works fine when using lowest latency 5.3ms

When using less than 21.3ms the sound is garbled and distorted .

I'm using windows 10 x64 1709 with 1.18 driver.

I tried with Asmedia drivers 1.651.1 that I downloaded from station driver which is newer than the one comes with the 1.18 installation , I also tried the Generic microsoft Asmedia drivers.

Can you guys fix this ?

Which application are you using to test? And what are your system specs?

x7007
Level 7
MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Which application are you using to test? And what are your system specs?

Anything that have sound.

The windows speaker test
Potplayer music files, just normal windows audio. anything that have sound is distorted .

My spec are

AMD 1950x 16 core + SMT
Gigabyte X399 Aorus Gaming 7
32GB Gskill Quad Channel 4 Slots.

You can download it by yourself

https://spatialsoundcard.com/

But with the free version you can't change the latency, you need to buy it for $9.99 , so I don't know how you would be able to check it... I don't think it's expensive for asus to buy something for $9.99 . or try to ask the company for free license for checking compatibility . I don't know, if you want me to ask them I will. I just want to fix this, the Latency is important for me in games, that's the thing I want it.

x7007
Level 7
Any news?

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
As you know the Strix Raid DLX utilizes the Asmedia USB control chip, which is connected via a PCIe interface. This means there is probably a little more latency than a native USB device such as the newer sound card from Sennheiser.