cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RVIE wont recognize one of G.Skill ram sticks.Any advice ?

Marko911
Level 8
Hi,So I bought new 32gb quad kit from g.skill 32gb 3200Mhz CL14,and when I first installed it,my BIOS recognized all 4 sticks and XMP worked fine.Now,when I have moved my system in case and power on,it register only 24GB and when I apply XMP it shows memory detect problem on LED screen. But, ROG CPU Z does recognize quad channel mode.Do you guys have any advice what to do?
4 REPLIES 4

davemon50
Level 11
I had issues getting one of my 4 sticks to be recognized at first. It seems the slots and the thickness have such tight tolerances sometimes that it can take a whole lot of force to seat properly. I wound up solving the problem by reseating the chips a few more times and pressing evenly and firmly. Since you got it recognized once, maybe you had a fit that was marginal. When the RAM heats up you get expansion so the fit needs to be tight. Try reseating a few times would be my recommendation.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
I had issues getting one of my 4 sticks to be recognized at first. It seems the slots and the thickness have such tight tolerances sometimes that it can take a whole lot of force to seat properly. I wound up solving the problem by reseating the chips a few more times and pressing evenly and firmly. Since you got it recognized once, maybe you had a fit that was marginal. When the RAM heats up you get expansion so the fit needs to be tight. Try reseating a few times would be my recommendation.

Thanks for the advice!it worked! Now is all good! :)))

davemon50
Level 11
Awesome. 😉
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Awesome. 😉

i did see also this problem with my g.skill ram i did not start the system until i have fit all the ram in the 4 slots properly a couple of times and the start with no problems this is the path:

install the ram from the bottom to the top of the clips because if you do it at both ends it will not fit at the non clips properly...why because the clips will prevent the ram from getting out

with corsair did not have this issue
MB: ASUS RAMPAGE VI EXTREME-CPU: Intel Core i9-7920X Processor Extreme Edition 4.2 GHZ auto-CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i v2 Video: GEFORCE GTX 1070 Founders Edition. - G.SKILL 32GB 14-14-14-34
F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR- Seasonic PRIME Titanium 850 w-SSD: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 2TB x3 -SSD: Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB OS-Sound Blaster Z -Intel Ethernet Server Adapter I210 CASE:Cooler Master: HAF X MONITOR:IPS LED LG 27" 27UD69P 27 inch 4K 5 ms TV: LG OLED55C8P OS: Windows 10 x64 Pro up to date