cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have dynamic OC on i9?

Marko911
Level 8
I don't know if this subject was covered before, but I was wondering,is it possible to set dynamic OC freq on i9s CPU?(Like when PC is in idle,CPU freq and voltage to drop down) When I OC my CPU it keeps constant 4500mhz and 1,20V even when PC is Idle.
20 REPLIES 20

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Cpu voltage set using either adaptive or offset mode and Windows power plan set to balanced will allow frequency and voltage to scale with load.

Praz wrote:
Hello

Cpu voltage set using either adaptive or offset mode and Windows power plan set to balanced will allow frequency and voltage to scale with load.

Thats great! 🙂 Will try that.Thanks!

Praz
Level 13
You're Welcome. 🙂

Praz wrote:
You're Welcome. 🙂

Does anyone have any advice on how to start using adaptive or offset mode when OCing on x299 platform? (can't find any info)

Marko911 wrote:
Does anyone have any advice on how to start using adaptive or offset mode when OCing on x299 platform? (can't find any info)

Select Adaptive mode and enter the desired voltage into the Additional Turbo Voltage field.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
Select Adaptive mode and enter the desired voltage into the Additional Turbo Voltage field.

To every core seperatly ? I mean,that will be the maximum voltage like 1.22V for every core under that ATV field?

Marko911 wrote:
To every core seperatly ? I mean,that will be the maximum voltage like 1.22V for every core under that ATV field?

Only on a per core OC would you need to enter the desired voltage for every core individually, however, conventionally sync all cores is used.

Sounds like you're creating additional steps for yourself. Best you first decide how you intend on overclocking.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
Only on a per core OC would you need to enter the desired voltage for every core individually, however, conventionally sync all cores is used.

Sounds like you're creating additional steps for yourself. Best you first decide how you intend on overclocking.

Yeah,I tried sync all cores because I dont have a clue how to assess which core needs more or less V.I tried 1.22 for 4,5Ghz but that seams a bit on the high side,and after testing that's more in the range of 4,6Ghz in my case.I did set LLC on 4/8, CPU input voltage at 1.900V ,it showed great thermals adaptive mode compared to manual.But I still can't decipher the meaning of the offset value in adaptive mode settings...