cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Strix Z370E Gaming

nedic_nikola
Level 7
Hello people, I bought that motherboard and I have a Corsair H110i GT cooler. I am getting CPU Fan error message when I connect the fans to the pumps integrated headers, and I want it that way so I can control the pump and all of it through the Corsair Link Software, how to get around of that?

Second, should I plug in the Corsair Link cable to a USB 2.0 port as I did before?
2 REPLIES 2

DirtyMacho
Level 7
As far as i know always corsair cooler have above H100 . A link Micro usb to pump to usb 2.0 header to connect to board.

This is the only way to power the pump. The pump fan header needs to be connected to cpu fan header. Its fine the fan is connected to pump As the 12v is supplied by the cpu fan header for fans and pump. As link usb 2.0 header is 5v max. and only used for the link software.

Set in BIOS DC mode for the cpu fan header for the max power delivered ie 12v always on, PWM works fine but if you feel the fan is not spinning effectively then try dc mode.

Let us know if things changed. Yes connect link cable and 3-pin pump header to cpu fan header in MB. pump should have a y=splitter for the fans which will be powered by pump.

DirtyMacho wrote:
As far as i know always corsair cooler have above H100 . A link Micro usb to pump to usb 2.0 header to connect to board.

This is the only way to power the pump. The pump fan header needs to be connected to cpu fan header. Its fine the fan is connected to pump As the 12v is supplied by the cpu fan header for fans and pump. As link usb 2.0 header is 5v max. and only used for the link software.

Set in BIOS DC mode for the cpu fan header for the max power delivered ie 12v always on, PWM works fine but if you feel the fan is not spinning effectively then try dc mode.

Let us know if things changed. Yes connect link cable and 3-pin pump header to cpu fan header in MB. pump should have a y=splitter for the fans which will be powered by pump.

The H110i/H110i GT (not the H115i/H110i GTX) is powered via a SATA power cable which powers the pump as well as the two fan headers that are connected to the block.

There is a 3-pin cable that comes off the side of the SATA power that only sends the pump RPM signal. If it is long enough, you can plug it into one of the CPU fan headers which I think should get you around the CPU fan error, if not you can get a 3/4pin fan extension to make it long enough or you can plug a chassis fan into the CPU fan header . You should also plug the Corsair Link cable into the motherboard otherwise you won't be able to control or read the LED, fan/pump speeds and temps.