cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SICK of GPU tweak

JustStarting
Level 9
This program is messed up and not working correctly.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99044-GPUTweakII-Version-1-6-0-5-Report-all-issues-in-this...

I posted some of my issue on this thread but there has been no reply or a way to fix theses issues. For over a month i have been having problems such as no gpu usage, core speed clocks changing to the wrong speeds and even simple stuff like selecting OVC mode taking two or three presses to get the current speed to show.

This morning i hit safe mode on the card (matrix 980ti) booted up and now more issues by the program crashing and failing to load leaving me with the led flashing green.

https://imgur.com/xtgbwym

What do i need to do to fix this program? I have tried uninstalling GPU tweak, older drivers and now I am stuck with this broken program.
13 REPLIES 13

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
At the point you're at, I'd be testing on a fresh OS if you haven't done so already. Is there any other reports of people having the same problems you are?
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
At the point you're at, I'd be testing on a fresh OS if you haven't done so already. Is there any other reports of people having the same problems you are?

This was on a clean install. I updated to latest GPU tweak and the problems began. Unsure what driver i was using before hand. But since theses problems i have uninstalled the current driver and reverted back to older drivers but the same issues are there. I have never had an issue using this program in the past. If you see the link in my post your see i am not the only one having issues. (post nbr 47) But no official reply has been given nor has a newer version been released.

I just want it fixed and back to how it was working without any issues.

JustStarting
Level 9
Bump, some one must have an answer why this program is so messed up.

panzlock
Level 12
Just use MSI Afterburner.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

panzlock wrote:
Just use MSI Afterburner.

Should not have to use another program to use my GPU. I also like being able to switch between ovc mode and silent. When working the program is fine but cannot understand why it is now so buggy and changing core clocks to wrong speeds, not showing GPU usage nor allowing me to use safe mode due to program crashing there is so many bugs now and its amazing how hard it is to get an official reply from someone regarding this and a way to fix all theses issues.

F0x135
Level 7
Did you clean out the registry when you rolled back to the older version? I always clean out the reg when unsitalling Asus software as they leave behind many things and often conflicts. Use CCleaner if you have to.

But the above reccomendation about using Afterburner is great, don't just dismiss it. AB will also downclock your GPU, which is the 'silent' mode on GPU Tweak.

Uninstall GPU Tweak, install Afterburner and see if the issue persists. If it does then you know it's not software based but hardware, or vice versa.

JustStarting
Level 9
Right... Uninstalled GPU tweak, restart, run CCleaner, restart, re install GPU tweak, restart, and ran Heaven benchmark with GPU tweak infront.

Files CCleaner removes

Started Heaven benchmark again no GPU usage showing I have not selected any option right now this is how it loaded from a fresh install.

When i click on OVC mode before hitting apply notice the core clock speed changes to 1317 which gives me 1418 boost and +50 on memory

Click apply to switch to OVC mode and it changes the core clock speed to a lower value of 1201 yet if i tap OVC mode it will switch it back to 1317.

And if you check my first post and follow the link to the other thread your see i have also had the clock speed change when setting the fan speed manually too. Something is messed up with this program. I have to take care when setting OVC mode sometimes having to switch between ovc mode and gaming a few times just to get the correct speeds to apply.

If i run afterburner and nothing is wrong there then this leaves only GPU tweak as the fault.

JustStarting
Level 9
After using DDU uninstalling then updating to latest Gpu drivers the GPU usage has come back.... Getting somewhere.

MSI

Gpu usage is back too with GPU tweak but its still changing the core clocks. So is clearly bugged program. Every single time I change to OVC mode the core clock changes to 1201.

Hit always 3d ovc... shows as 1317 boost clock hit apply changes speed to 1418 but boost clock now showing 120... Hit manual fan speed and change to 70 and it changes boost clock to 1549 another tap of ovc switches this back to 1317. But i have had my pc crash when its been changed to 1549 in the past.

Before apply

After apply

Something is bugged with this program. Nothing I do will stop this from happening. ( photos not viewing full size need to open in another window)

JustStarting
Level 9
Fail

So checking this morning and the GPU usage has again stopped showing. Although its clearly working as when pulling task manager up.

Why is this program causing so many issues?