Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermal Pads Size for ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING

Axiobyte
Level 7
Good Morning,

First excuse my English.

I will perform maintenance after 2 years of using my 1080Ti, and I had the intention of changing thermal paste and thermal pads.

Can you tell me what measures the Thermal Pads uses this graph?
I doubt between those of 1.5mm and those of 1mm.
Thank you!
5 REPLIES 5

stewart_1
Level 8
Hi Axiobyte. Regarding the thermal pads used, there are three small pads used on the VRAM chips, plus a longer pad on the MOSFET ICs. These are 1mm thick. There is also a thicker 2mm thermal pad on the brace, also on the MOSFETs. This contacts directly with the heatsink. See image below for reference.

stewart@asus wrote:
Hi Axiobyte. Regarding the thermal pads used, there are three small pads used on the VRAM chips, plus a longer pad on the MOSFET ICs. These are 1mm thick. There is also a thicker 2mm thermal pad on the brace, also on the MOSFETs. This contacts directly with the heatsink. See image below for reference.

Thinking about doing the same with some FujiPoly pads. I was also thinking of adding pads to the back of the card and back plate. Do you know the measurements between the card and backplate?

Hi @Axiobyte

First screen is 2mm and second screen 1mm? Every 1080ti have other size.

stewart_1
Level 8
However... there's a good chance you may not actually have to replace the thermal pads. If the pads still feel like they have not dried out, and maintain good contact with the components, that means they ok.

Perfect, I will buy them for prevention, and if I see that they have dried or broken I will change them.

Thank you very much!