ROG Member Array

Question PG279Q - Screen goes blank after a minute or so in bios, occasionally flickers black

Hi All,

As the title suggests, having two issues with my PG279Q. All with the latest drivers.

Running on a Strix 1080Ti, second monitor also attached (1080p75).

Issue 1:
    When i boot into bios using the PG279Q after about a minute, screen goes black and needs to reset. Need to either get in/out of bios in under a minute or use my other monitor.

Issue 2:
    When gaming or using PC, monitor will momentarily black out and then return to normal within a second or two.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Santo

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array bass junkie xl PC Specs
    bass junkie xl PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rog X Hero Z-370 ( Wifi ) bios -2103
    Processori9-9900 Ks @ 5.0 @ 1.23v @ manual vcore , De Lid + rockit cool copper ihs
    Memory (part number)32 GB Team Group X @ 4133 mhz cl-17-17-17-37 @1.4v / vccio = 1.24v/ vcssa = 1.24 v
    Graphics Card #1Msi Gtx 1080 TI FE @ 1911 mhz @ 1.0v Curve
    Sound CardMotherboard Realtec , Driver 87.46
    MonitorAsus PG279Q , 27 inch 165 HZ , 1440p G-Sync
    Storage #1Samsung 970 evo 1 TB m.2 nvme ssd
    Storage #2Samsung 970 evo 1 TB m.2 nvme ssd
    CPU CoolerGamermaxx L360 v2
    CaseThermaltake View 71 full Glass
    Power SupplyThermaltake Grand 750w RGB Platnuim
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platnuim RGB
    Mouse Corsair Night Sword RGB
    Headset Razer Kraken 7.1 chroma
    Mouse Pad Asus Sheeth Large
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5500 THX 5.1
    OS Windows 10-1809 x64 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by santoitaliano View Post
    Hi All,

As the title suggests, having two issues with my PG279Q. All with the latest drivers.

Running on a Strix 1080Ti, second monitor also attached (1080p75).

Issue 1:
    When i boot into bios using the PG279Q after about a minute, screen goes black and needs to reset. Need to either get in/out of bios in under a minute or use my other monitor.

Issue 2:
    When gaming or using PC, monitor will momentarily black out and then return to normal within a second or two.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Santo
    i have same monitor 2nd one .

i has same issue i have a vertically mounted 1080ti in my case using a pcix riser cable and for some reason when my cat would jump on top of my case from the window out side like 8 inches away shes not fat pretty light . when she would land on it my nvdia driver would crash... or i would a get a black screen and a driver reset .

i was ready to rma monitor turns out my pci riser cable to use my vertical gpu was bad or loose and my display pot on my 1080ti was a little loose kinda had some wiggle room so i replaced riser cable and used same cable the monitor came with and no issues since .

inside my asus z370 bios there is a option that says "gpu dim post " when my riser cable was bad my gpu didnt show up in my bios . and my 1080ti ran in 8x not 16 x ... replaced it and im good now no issues knock on wood .

check your bios for gpu dim post and make sure it says 16 x pci x .

IMPORTANT ONE : bios u have a option for multy monitor and main display after switching to pcix and diabling multy monitor from auto to disabled it was alot better .

unplug display port from monitor and gpu plug display port cable in another slot on your card ( could be loose like mine was )
    re plug it all in do the bios changes i mentioned
    test a bran new display port
    test a diffrent video card
    try the built in intel gpu on the cpu see if happens

report back good luck

ROG Member Array

New DP cable of good quality seems to have fixed it.

Thanks.