Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Just a few things:

1) For your reference, if you set SVID to best case, you don't need to set the AC/DC loadlines to 0.01. That's because 'best case' sets 0.01 for you.

2) So, ratios under 50X are okay, or is it just 45X? Let me know, I'll replicate and see what needs sorting.
    Well I only tried 45x and it seemed ok, still not the same vdroop from 1.312v to 1.280v like manual mode, it was dropping to 1.296v, but as far as I tested there was no voltage jumps higher than 1.312v and nothing less than 1.296v, this at 45x core/cache and 1.310v set for additional turbo voltage using adaptive mode.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

If you're worried about that small deviation between manual and adaptive mode, the only way to dial it out is to apply an offset to the IA AC/DC loadlines. Those settings affect the VID that's requested according to the load.

ROG Member Array

If you're worried about that small deviation between manual and adaptive mode, the only way to dial it out is to apply an offset to the IA AC/DC loadlines. Those settings affect the VID that's requested according to the load.
    And how do I do that?

Well, given how small the difference is, why worry about it? You'll need to change the settings and loadline calibration to approximate the value that will put your mind at rest. I don't think you should bother, though, because you'd need to have severe OCD to be worried about 10mV...

ROG Member Array

Well, given how small the difference is, why worry about it? You'll need to change the settings and loadline calibration to approximate the value that will put your mind at rest. I don't think you should bother, though, because you'd need to have severe OCD to be worried about 10mV...
    Oh you mean LLC? I tried many settings there, from LLC 3 to LLC 6 and there is always fluctuation and I don't plan using 4.5Ghz, I would like to use 5.0, or 5.1Ghz and for that frequency is completely broken, Asus should just fix that definitely for everyone, when I had a 7700k and Z270 Maximus IX Hero it was running without problems with adaptive voltage. It's not just 10mV, I see jumps from 1.312v to 1.39+ and this is definitely not normal, and I have OCD btw haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitoss View Post
    Oh you mean LLC? I tried many settings there, from LLC 3 to LLC 6 and there is always fluctuation and I don't plan using 4.5Ghz, I would like to use 5.0, or 5.1Ghz and for that frequency is completely broken, Asus should just fix that definitely for everyone, when I had a 7700k and Z270 Maximus IX Hero it was running without problems with adaptive voltage. It's not just 10mV, I see jumps from 1.312v to 1.39+ and this is definitely not normal, and I have OCD btw haha.
    I was referring to the lower clock frequency. And, you'd need a combination of LLC and IA AC/DC loadlines to tune the requsted VID and resulting voltage. For the 50X stuff, check what happens when you enable ring down etc. A bit of OCD may help you find the right settings to put your mind at rest (or maybe not if the OCD is bad).

Quote Originally Posted by bass junkie xl View Post

i wish it would not go past your set voltege in 0.016v steps like if it jumped to 1.372v that wouldnt be to bad but she jumps 1 - 3 svid stacks 0.016 v x 3 when running games
    Try LLC 4 with SVID Behaviour set to 'Best Case'.

New ROGer Array

Has anyone figured this out yet?

I’m on the new 1403 bios. LLC set to 5. “Best case scenario” set for SVC. 50x multiplier set. 47x cache. Everything else is auto basically. Adaptive voltage causes far too much voltage spikes under load to close to 1.32-1.39V when I can run stable at these same 50x speeds on manual at 1.32V all day long...*

How do I fix this?

Or does someone have a guide on PROPERLY setting up adaptive voltage on this board? It seems ridiculous that thousands of us have to run maxed voltage on the CPU even at idle, 24x7 on this board. That’s what kills cpu’s over time.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array bass junkie xl PC Specs
    bass junkie xl PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rog X Hero Z-370 ( Wifi ) bios -2102
    Processori7-8700k @ 5.1 @ 1.34v @ manual vcore , De Lid + rockit cool copper ihs
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB 3000 Mhz cl-14 @ 4000 Mhz cl-17-19-19-39 @1.4v 1.21v vccio/vcssa
    Graphics Card #1Msi Gtx 1080 TI FE @ 1911 mhz @ 0.975v Curve - Driver 431.36
    Sound CardMotherboard Realtec , Driver 87.46
    MonitorAsus PG279Q , 27 inch 165 HZ , 1440p G-Sync
    Storage #1Intel 600P , 512gb m.2 nvme ssd
    Storage #2Kingston Hyper X furry 240gb ssd
    CPU CoolerThermalright true black 120 + 2 x 120mm push pull ( pump died rma )
    CaseThermaltake View 71 full Glass
    Power SupplyThermaltake Grand 750w RGB Platnuim
    Keyboard Logictec G510s
    Mouse Logictec G700s Wireless
    Headset Razer Kraken 7.1 chroma
    Mouse Pad Asus Sheeth Large
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z-5300 THX 5.1
    OS Windows 10-1809 x64 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eganwp View Post
    Has anyone figured this out yet?

I’m on the new 1403 bios. LLC set to 5. “Best case scenario” set for SVC. 50x multiplier set. 47x cache. Everything else is auto basically. Adaptive voltage causes far too much voltage spikes under load to close to 1.32-1.39V when I can run stable at these same 50x speeds on manual at 1.32V all day long...*

How do I fix this?

Or does someone have a guide on PROPERLY setting up adaptive voltage on this board? It seems ridiculous that thousands of us have to run maxed voltage on the CPU even at idle, 24x7 on this board. That’s what kills cpu’s over time.
    same here man even on release bios i had the flucations bad.

i need 1.36 v and load line = 6 , 5.0 ghz 24 hr prime 95 stable never over shoots or under shoots on manual vcore .

i switchto adaptive and set loadline = 6 , max vcore adaptive to 1.36v ia/dc @ 0.01 and i get volt spikes to 1.36v - 1.402 v .........

if i goto load line level 5 instead of 6 i get 1.34 v - 1.392 v .... and a whea error since i need 1.36v ....

i played around with it for weeks always over shoot on the volts on adaaptive mode even in gaming i sset 1.36v and i get spikes to 1.392 and some times 1.402 v

i mean if we got a over shoot of 0.010 v ish spike thats nto to bad but 1.36v to 1.402 v spike on non avx loads is to much over shoot . and if i lower load line to level 5 or level 4 then id drops below 1.36v on high load wich i cant have happen since i need 1.36v for 5 ghz .

question : i have cache ratio @ min @ defult and max set to 46 .

i do not have ring down bin to on its on auto would ring down bin fix these volt spikes or no ?

question 2 : do we get these volt spikes only when raising the cpus cache past defult ?
    if we leave cpu cache alone does it still spike ?

i wish it got fixed as adaptive mode is why i bought the x hero but its kinda borked atm and the audio as well :S

ROG Member Array

You have to set AVX clock to -2 from your normal clock speed or else in adaptive voltage it will give it alot more voltage when AVX loads are triggered. If you keep it 200 mhz under (-2) it will stay at the same voltage as your normal clock speed.
    If you run normal clock and avx clock at the same clock speed it will give it something like 0.05 more voltage every time a avx load triggers.

This does not happen when using manual voltage.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast