cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus fx 553 VD FPS ISSUE

dibs47
Level 7
when i bought ASUS FX 553VD(i5 7300hq, 1050,8gb) initial game play on siege, dishonour 2 was butter smooth, but recently the performance was deteriorating where i had Steady FPS 70-80 but game play was kind of choppy, when i searched some one posted cpu over heating and GPU heating being reason, so check the temp and it was around 70-88 even after i reduced max cpu usage from 100-95 percent(basically reducing cpu speed) , however the disk and cpu usage was showing 100 percent while game was running , so i handed over to one Asus service center as my audio also stopped working , they closed the ticket no RMA-INYHJ30147) claiming issue has been resolved.Sound issue was totally resolved but when i start playing siege , game started with steady 80 fps(at lowest settings) but was getting dropped to 60, 50 and back forth with terrible screen freezing at regular interval which made impossible for me to play, tried another game also like mafia 3 which i was getting 40-50 steady fps now dropped to 10-30 , tried dishonor where also i saw huge fps drop and laggy game play ....I then changed os, tweaked game setting , and formatted hard-disk and it was same issue, so i returned laptop to service center again,,Its been almost 20 days and yet the service team is unable to identify the issue, they tried to close my issue stating it relate to particular game /bench marking was ok but i went there and installed same games on almost same spec lap (ROG with i7 -7700cpu)and was getting 90-100 fps with out any screen freeze in siege , post which they said we had replaced entire board with cpu and gpu together while fixing my audio and issue cannot be relate to hardware based, now i am kind of stuck at no mans land, i have requested them to degrade the bios version and try , but yet to get any reply, also after they returned my lap claiming issue solved( which i later returned) . when i typed system info it was showing GL5553VD, not fx 553vd., even service center people was saying my lap as ROG user issue, are they kind of same? may be the they swapped my faulty board with wrong version board which is causing this issue? please help.....................
7 REPLIES 7

dibs47
Level 7
no reply so far:(

Dante_Snake
Level 7
where you from?

dibs47
Level 7
india

dibs47 wrote:
india

The FX553VD is the Same mobo and is an GL553VD, my FX553VD has an mobo 553VD, and btw, i installed an M.2 becuase the HDD is to slow for windows 10 and for gaming, about your audio i can only suggest to try other drivers, maybe from the webside or the default one, to reduce the temp, try undervolt, undervolt does not mean underclock, is for lowering your temps maybe your temps i causing fps reduction, well that's only i can tell you, cuse i have the same laptop, my proccesor is an i5 7300HQ

Dante_Snake wrote:
The FX553VD is the Same mobo and is an GL553VD, my FX553VD has an mobo 553VD, and btw, i installed an M.2 becuase the HDD is to slow for windows 10 and for gaming, about your audio i can only suggest to try other drivers, maybe from the webside or the default one, to reduce the temp, try undervolt, undervolt does not mean underclock, is for lowering your temps maybe your temps i causing fps reduction, well that's only i can tell you, cuse i have the same laptop, my proccesor is an i5 7300HQ

No longer have the sound issue as mentioned above.

Regarding fps drop Well i do not thing its issue relate to temp or ssd because as i mentioned above i was getting 80-120 fps at beginning with butter smooth game play even when the cpu temp was close to 90 , i tried under clocking cpu to even 60 percentage from 3.2 but even with 70-80 temp lag issue remains the same, to test if its wrong with game i installed siege on ROG 553vd with cpu i7 but was getting smooth performance..I just want to know if i am the only once facing this issue after operation chimera ...Any way thx for your help

dibs47
Level 7
my issue got resolved..While replacing my motherboard service team placed WIFI card which was not compatible with my laptop , strange is not it,, i still do not know how this **** can cause fps lag and stuttering ,, i have also found in many forum that the WIFI driver update had caused fps and stuttering issue for siege in many laptop, so those who cannot figure to solve the issue please plug Ethernet and play game instead of playing in WIFI mode..

I had to say this -- this forum is not at all helpful, in 1 month time only 2 people were able to make suggestion ...

misterdead0
Level 7
dibs47 wrote:
when i bought ASUS FX 553VD(i5 7300hq, 1050,8gb) initial game play on siege, dishonour 2 was butter smooth, but recently the performance was deteriorating where i had Steady FPS 70-80 but game play was kind of choppy, when i searched some one posted cpu over heating and GPU heating being reason, so check the temp and it was around 70-88 even after i reduced max cpu usage from 100-95 percent(basically reducing cpu speed) , however the disk and cpu usage was showing 100 percent while game was running , so i handed over to one Asus service center as my audio also stopped working , they closed the ticket no RMA-INYHJ30147) claiming issue has been resolved.Sound issue was totally resolved but when i start playing siege , game started with steady 80 fps(at lowest settings) but was getting dropped to 60, 50 and back forth with terrible screen freezing at regular interval which made impossible for me to play, tried another game also like mafia 3 which i was getting 40-50 steady fps now dropped to 10-30 , tried dishonor where also i saw huge fps drop and laggy game play ....I then changed os, tweaked game setting , and formatted hard-disk and it was same issue, so i returned laptop to service center again,,Its been almost 20 days and yet the service team is unable to identify the issue, they tried to close my issue stating it relate to particular game /bench marking was ok but i went there and installed same games on almost same spec lap (ROG with i7 -7700cpu)and was getting 90-100 fps with out any screen freeze in siege , post which they said we had replaced entire board with cpu and gpu together while fixing my audio and issue cannot be relate to hardware based, now i am kind of stuck at no mans land, i have requested them to degrade the bios version and try , but yet to get any reply, also after they returned my lap claiming issue solved( which i later returned) . when i typed system info it was showing GL5553VD, not fx 553vd., even service center people was saying my lap as ROG user issue, are they kind of same? may be the they swapped my faulty board with wrong version board which is causing this issue? please help.....................

are you stil using the laptop or you have thrown it away...
i am also getting same issues and the thing about the mb is that the mb of fx series is same as gl series and still i am getting these issues i'll arrange a service for this let see change in mb and the gtx can do any good??
But have you tries resetting the windows?