cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA - STRIX 1080Ti - doesn't sync but everything else does.

santoitaliano
Level 7
As the topic suggests,

I have a Z270F and a lot of Aura gear. Everything works well - latest version of all software and drivers.

Strix 1080Ti doesn't sync to the other LEDs.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Santo
10 REPLIES 10

santoitaliano
Level 7
Bump - No ideas?

I have this same issue, It'll lag on any music or modes with quick flashing (eg, flash and dash), and I can't get mine to go full white either, it'll just show as a light blue. Glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing the issue, and hopefully some resolution comes by soon.

LordZaros
Level 7
I think it’s the actual RGB lights on the strix cooler itself. I feel they just don’t have full range of the RGB spectrum. My gtx 1060strix has this exact same issue. I really do feel like all of us who got an aura sync card should take some action here. It’s not cool that we have a product where the huge feature is synchronization and it’s not living up to the claims. Heck, my cooler master fans and what not sync better with my motherboard lighting then the actual Asus branded aura product!!

If you're still having issues I installed a separate aura driver from the gpu driver support page under utilities. Scroll down and look for something like "AURA RGB Lighting Control for Graphic card" in the description. I have strix 1080ti-o11g and the link for 64bit win10 is https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/app/AURA_RGBLightingControl_for_Graphic_card_ROG-XG-STATION-2...

Hope that helps someone. It's really not made clear and I think I figured it out by accident.

Abaidor
Level 9
Hold on - I have an Asus Strix 1080Ti OC and the leds do not sync indeed. They are totally out of sync.

Do I need to install this driver for this to work? The only option in Aura Sync panel is to include or not the VGA nothing else right now and it does not sync.
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

Ghozer
Level 7
The LED's on my 1070 STRIX Also have an issue, the main 'front' ones and the ROG text work fine, but the LED's for the backplate look like the BLUE is either missing or VERY weak...

as red and green synch fine, but if I try to use purple the logo on the backplate remains an orangey colour while the rest is as I set it...

Abaidor
Level 9
Mine is watercooled but I am using the stock backplate which ofcourse does not sync properly. The phanteks GPU Block syncs fine as does a HALO Lux Digital with 30 Addressable LEDs (in rainbow gradient circus mode that is - not complete )
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

I've been having the same issue

Right now I'm using the Aura app in GPU tweak
So i have Aura for basically all of my aura stuff and my GPU aura in a separate app....
Pretty annoying

lostjonny
Level 7

I also have this issue and spent quite some time trying to figure it out, I eventually contacted ASUS, they informed me that ASUS AURA no longer supports any 10 series GFX cards, so theres a kick in the dangly bits, My card has defaulted to static red while the rest of my PC is stary night, not found a work around yet, but will not be purchasing ASUS components in future.