cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74 Backpack needed

kechlion
Level 7
I bought my G74SX a few weeks ago and I love it. It's everything I could want from a laptop and more. There is one snag though, and that's toting the thing around. It's bloody huge, and I need a backpack for it. I've found a messenger type bag that fits it but I would really like a backpack that has a special laptop slot that will hold it. A few things before anyone responds :

If you're going to post a bag that holds your G73, don't bother. The G73 is slightly smaller and it WILL make the difference. I originally bought a really nice Everki bag that fit the G73... but it was ever so slightly too small for the G74.

I have also purchased the ROG Shuttle Backpack. Even though there is an actual video on Asus' website saying it will fit the G74, it does not. Sure, you can put it in the big pouch, but when I buy a laptop backpack I expect to be able to put my laptop in the laptop slot, not somewhere else where I want to store other things. If you manage to force the G74 into the laptop slot on the ROG bag it doesn't zip right and it also causes the main part of the bag to not zip right.

So what I need is this - someone to answer that owns a G74 as well as owns a backpack that it fits in, in the laptop slot specifically.

Pictures of the ROG Shuttle Backpack below. Sorry ahead of time for bad quality, all I have is a camera phone.

Thanks.

17 REPLIES 17

n1ghtl1fe
Level 10
i spent way too much time looking for a backpack for my new g74. I go to college and walk around 3 miles a day with my backpack. I read so many reviews n checked out so many stores to try and find a good fit and something that wouldn't make me look like the computer science major i am lol.

Honestly after buying a few and returning them i bought a Targus XL bag and it does the job. It is pretty big but being 6'1 it doesnt look to bad on me. Ive been using it for about a week now and its kept my laptop secure and safe from the snow (chicago's a bitch this time of year). It fits in the laptop area of the bag and is a little snug. At first i was afraid the zipper would rub on the edges of my g74 n scratch it up but it hasnt at all.

Targus XL backpack really seems like the only option at this point for us G74 owners that want a backpack. It does the job well and leaves room for plenty of text books, only thing that bothers me is the lack of style haha. order one n let me know what you think

now back to the keg 🙂
G75
-i7-3610QM -16GB DDR3
-256GB Patriot SSD -Nvidia GTX 670M 3GB
-1TB HHD Storage

rozwell911
Level 7
I like the Targus XL bag as well but I got the ROG Backpack free with my G74SX and it works perfect with the laptop. It fits in the laptop pocket snug, but well, like it was made for it. and has enough room for my extras and a couple books if i need to.

When the ROG one wares out, i will get the Targus XL bag as it holds more and would be even more benifit for my gaming and work.

EDIT: I do not have the Shuttle ROG backpack. I have the actual one that comes free with the laptop.
http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=894

Yes, it says it is a G73, but this was what came in my package, and the G74 DOES fit in the actually pouch designed to secure the laptop.
Rozwel911

G74SX-DH73-3D

PILGRIM
Level 11
+1 @rozwell911
I also use the G73/G74 Shuttle ROG backpack and my G74 fits snugly in the laptop compartment.
Plus, I like the bacpack's all-black color.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

PILGRIM wrote:
+1 @rozwell911
I also use the G73/G74 Shuttle ROG backpack and my G74 fits snugly in the laptop compartment.
Plus, I like the bacpack's all-black color.

Also of note, The Backpack is made by Targus (Comes wraped in Targus protective plastic), so the fit, trim and ruggedness seems to be there. I like the way it fits (I am 6 foot, 245lbs) and it is very adjustable.

@Pilgrim : I too like the streamlined black look, it matches the Laptops persona.:)
Rozwel911

G74SX-DH73-3D

Thank you guys very much for the responses.

nightlife - I was wondering if you could toss me a link to the exact model that you got. There are quire a few Targus XL bags and I wanted to make sure I was getting the correct one.

im currently using that one, its fit perfectly in LINK

fuzon1337
Level 10
kechlion wrote:
If you're going to post a bag that holds your G73, don't bother. The G73 is slightly smaller and it WILL make the difference. I originally bought a really nice Everki bag that fit the G73... but it was ever so slightly too small for the G74.

How the h*** did you get the G74 to fit in the compartment ment for the notebooks? If I tried to push my notebook (G73SW) down in that room, it would get it half way down and then it would be almost stuck -.-
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
How the h*** did you get the G74 to fit in the compartment ment for the notebooks? If I tried to push my notebook (G73SW) down in that room, it would get it half way down and then it would be almost stuck -.-

Did you miss the entire point of my thread or did you mean to quote someone else? Because I sure haven't gotten it to fit anywhere.