cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD Ryzen 2600x let the fun begin

Craigo1986
Level 7
Well i got the Ryzen 7 2700x installed this morning. Ran stress tests for an hour and all was well. Ran cinibench at stock settings and got a nice score of 1890 my old ryzen 7 1700 only managed 1730 as a max. So now will see how much it will overclock by if any. Was also suprised as its running an old rog x370-f mb it was still achieving boost speed of 4.2ghz across all cores!. So far it seems a really good buy but only time will tell.
4 REPLIES 4

Menthol
Level 14
Congrats Craigo, sounds like your off to a good start

Yeah its just thrown me out with bios settings.. if i have any oc set or use the docp settings the system is very unstable and crashes if i have the oc set to default or auto the system is stable and runs between 4.0 and 4.2ghz on stress test. Im wondering if it has something to do with amd's intellegent thing built in to the chip that conflicts with the x370 boards? So for the time being no overclocking for me. In bios it says that the cpu speed is 3.3ghz but it idles at 3.7ghz lol. Guess i need to wait for others to try the platform and see what they get. At least i got the highest score on firestrike extreme for the cpu and gpu combo 

Not bad on temps either runs cooler than my old 1700 lol

After alot of different tests i finally have the system running quite well. Still some tweaking to do but on the whole im quite impressed especially with the cinibench tests i was qyite suprised how much my gpu was being held back by the old ryzen 1700. If anyone has any suggestions on what to try to increase performance more please let me know