Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
634 REPLIES 634

MoKiChU
Level 40

MoKiChU wrote:
Hello everyone,

Version 1.06.17 of AURA Sync has just been released : http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/AISuite/Lighting_Control_1.06.17.zip

Hello Devs,

Can you support ASUS B150i Pro Gaming/Aura and other AURA RGB (non-AURA SYNC) to your AURA Sync software?

Was it impossible for the program to include these poor RGB motherboard into the party?

Please.. I'm going down my knees and beg you..

MoKiChU wrote:
Hello everyone,

Version 1.06.17 of AURA Sync has just been released : http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/AISuite/Lighting_Control_1.06.17.zip

Why is this thread not posted by Asus official moderator/staff? Did they completely abandon community and stopped listening to feedback?

1. Colour cycle mode still completley ignores strip CALIBRATION result Unfixed bug for at east 6 months.

Asus Aura will completely ignore strip "Calibration" and will default to its stock header configuration. when used with colour cycle mode.
And please, dont reply with "Asus motherboard headers are 12V GRB ....." The whole point of CALIBRATION is to tell SOFTWARE how to map outputs to hardware.
Literally all the Aura has to do is swap GRB colour uint8 values into different variable to match strip calibration result. This is, since version x.25, still broken.

2. Your AURA firmware is fundamentally bugged and thats why you wont allow more than 120 addressable LEDs - fix your programming

Based on my test, currently, the maximum number of supported addressable LEDs is 127 (despite 120 being software cap in Aura, i achieved 127 using *.xml trick but not more).
The 127 seems like awfully random and arbitrary number.... but its not. Asus Aura uses separate embedded controller for its RGB control with its own firmware. Most common are 8-bit MCUs which operate on 8-bit data types. Lets look at data type called int8, it can store values from -128 to +127 Coincidence? I think not. If we start indexing LEDs from 1 to 127 then it matches perfectly why the 127 is maximum number of addressable LEDs supported by Asus Aura.

And inb4 "we cant update firmware", yes you can, in one of troubleshooting thread you published a tool that can reflash Asus Aura controller firmware (you were suggesting people to do it if their RGB motherboards are not detected.

FIX your programming ASUS, the proper data type should be uint8 that can store numbers from 0 to 255 or even uint16. We dont need negative LED indexes....
Dargus Maximus
~Explorer ~Engineer ~Guide
My Youtube channel - PC modding, streaming, gaming

jdelbs18
Level 7
MoKiChU wrote:
Hello everyone,

The goal of this thread is to post new versions of AURA Sync

Is this where we post errors too? Didn't see a specific thread.

Either way, Hero IX MOBO, GTX 1080 TI ASUS and TRIDENT RGB RAM, still same issue since original aura version. Only detects GPU. No mobo or RAM. Did everything everyone always tells me to do... uninstall, reboot, aura cleaner, reboot, power down and unplug, install new aura, reboot, power down and unplug, reboot, run as admin on everything including the start up, AURA actually comes up, but only shows GPU.

Asus, I'm very sad you guys can't figure out software. Hire people that can please. This stuff could be so good. I hate AURA and am recommending many friends to stay away from ASUS because you can't fix sometime so basic and simple. I haven't had all 3 RBG sets working since the month I built my PC over a year ago. This is very sad and I am very sad. Please fix this stuff.

jdelbs18 wrote:
Is this where we post errors too? Didn't see a specific thread.

Either way, Hero IX MOBO, GTX 1080 TI ASUS and TRIDENT RGB RAM, still same issue since original aura version. Only detects GPU. No mobo or RAM. Did everything everyone always tells me to do... uninstall, reboot, aura cleaner, reboot, power down and unplug, install new aura, reboot, power down and unplug, reboot, run as admin on everything including the start up, AURA actually comes up, but only shows GPU.

Asus, I'm very sad you guys can't figure out software. Hire people that can please. This stuff could be so good. I hate AURA and am recommending many friends to stay away from ASUS because you can't fix sometime so basic and simple. I haven't had all 3 RBG sets working since the month I built my PC over a year ago. This is very sad and I am very sad. Please fix this stuff.

had the same issue.

i think what fixed mine was when i check the connection of my IO shield to my mobo. it was loose. when i plugged it back tightly had no issues what so ever to this day. I had the steps written somewhere in the previous aura sync version thread. you might wanna check it out.

MoKiChU wrote:
Of course,

The subject is corrected in this way
What do you mean?

Flint018
Level 7
MoKiChU wrote:
Hello everyone,

The goal of this thread is to post new versions of AURA Sync and to discuss any errors you might encounter

Hi

Same problem exist, since last yr, aura sync stopped working when a mouse is in-sync. i got pugio and evolve both having the same problem. all my peripherals are aura sync but only my mouse is causing the crash.

Flint018 wrote:
Hi

Same problem exist, since last yr, aura sync stopped working when a mouse is in-sync. i got pugio and evolve both having the same problem. all my peripherals are aura sync but only my mouse is causing the crash.

Yes reported multiple time already and it is clearly related to the mouse. I have a Claymore, a 1060 Strix on an X99 Strix Gaming so I tested multiple combos and it crashes only IF the mouse is synced in Aura AND if the mouse is actually used. The time it takes is variable (from 5 to 30 minutes).

Nonetheless I narrowed it to the Rainbow effect. Well at least with Breathing and Color Cycle Aura doesn't hangs/freeze (i didn't tried the other modes though).

So to reproduce on a X99 Strix Gaming with a Claymore, a Gladius 2, a 1060 Strix and a populated rgb header with strips/fans (if that matters) on Windows 10 Enterprise.

- Sync the mouse in Aura
- Switch to Rainbow effect (i use gradient color 0 to 359 hue if that matters with the standard speed)
- Use the mouse for at least 5 to 30 minutes while doing stuff (browsing is enough)